Prologue

Little Jack didnt yet know he was climbing down to his death.

He hated the cold mountain where the only human town sat upon. He hated the snow forever at his feet. He hated the storm that swirled overhead. 

He longed for warmth and he was willing to treck down the cliffs alone to get it. Whatever it took, he was very dertermined.

Jack knew very well of the dragon lands beyond the mist barrier and stone stretch to the west. He knew very well of the feared canyons where dragons lived from right out of the history books. What he didnt know was that dragons just didnt stay in one place.

Jack thought that the dragons would never venture out onto the meadow below the mountain. Surely he would be safe.

And that's what killed him.

A flash of silver and blue scales off to his right as he stumbled down the rock slope onto weathered green grass. He turned to look but there was nothing, the mysterious creature had vanished.

Jack turned back, his fingers were raw and cold from climbing rock and long scratches wound around his arms and legs. He decided to take his ragged coat off, he wouldnt need it when he got to the sunny meadow, which was so close.

He started to smile as the clouds above grew kinder and fluffier. And the air became more clear and grass soon replaced the barren, unkind snowy rock.

And just like that, little Jack, only nine years old was plucked from the sky as easily as taking a snowball from a pile.

Jack screamed out in surprised, two sets of cobalt-colored claws gripped his right arm dragging him up, up, up and away. He kicked at nothing but air and craned his neck up to see a regular sized dragon (which was only a couple feet taller than a adult human) carrying him.

The silver and blue dragon smiled down at him with a sinister flashy grin, her eyes were a stormy gray that shone with wickedness. There was no mercy and only evil in her gaze as she stared down at him.

Jack tried yelling for help, but it was no use. The dragon carried him through the mist/snowstorm barrier. He felt cold, familiar snow beat his face.

Tears started streaming down his cheeks as he was dragged through the sky and storm out onto a small stretch of black, jagged rock and beyond that...

Beyond was a spiderweb of winding canyons with large caves spread everywhere. In the middle of the largest canyon was a gigantic pillar of stone almost as big (but not as tall) as the mountain where Jack's home lay.

And he knew...

Deep in his heart...

That everything was over, forever...