Ten

About 2 hours after they reached the office, Jughead took a break and bumped into Archie in the cafeteria.
"Dude! The cafeteria and the bed are the only two places I can find you it seems.", he says chuckling.
"Well that's what happens when you come to the office late three days in a week. My mom put me on cafeteria duty. I hate this."
"Oh well, someone's got to do it even if it's a lazy writer."
Archie playfully slapped his hand on his chest acting offended.
Jughead suddenly asked out of nowhere," Do you know when Veronica is coming back from Paris?"
Archie looked at him shocked. He questioned," Dude...how the hell do you know Veronica and how do you know she is in Paris? Are you a FBI detective undercover with information on my family?!?!"
Jughead was stunned at Archie's accusations and started laughing really loud.
"Hold your horse man! Veronica used to be my friend back in New York and Betty told me she is in Paris for some fashion course."
"Oh, thank god. I was half sure you were a spy or something."
"Half sure? I am pretty sure you were gonna confess all the crimes you had done and beg me not to arrest you if I hadn't told you the reason I know Veronica."
"Haha...sooooo funny. Anyways to answer your question she is coming back in a few days, coming Saturday."
"Oh that's cool. Maybe I can surprise her."
"I don't wanna seem that type but were you ever her boyfriend."
"Oh no...never. She's not my type. Also I know you are her boyfriend so don't worry bro, just old friends."
"Also I had a question. Are you interested in my sister or something cause the way you keep looking at her seems like you have a definite crush on her. Sweets and Fangs also agree with me by the way so don't beat around the bush."
Jughead got shocked at his sudden question and he knew he couldn't lie because even if he knew Archie only for a few weeks, Archie could see straight through his lies.
"Ummm...well...ya. I mean who wouldn't. She is so sweet and gorgeous and hot and se-. Omg I am saying this about your sister in front of you."
Archie laughed it off and said," Whatever but you mess up or break her hurt, I won't hesitate to kill you and drown you in Sweetwater river."
"Okay! Brutal much. Also who would ever hurt her. Like I said she is so sweet and pure, I can't ever hurt her."
"That's not what all the others guys said to her in high school...", Archie mumbled.
"What?"
"Oh nothing. Just if you ever make a move keep in mind what I said."
"Oh I will. I don't think I can't ever talk to Betty now without picturizing you drowning me."
They both laughed at that and slowly calmed down. They said their good byes and Jughead came back to his desk from where he saw Toni and Betty talking. When Archie came in a few minutes later he saw the same view and thought that his little sister was finally making friends who don't know him that well. She's always been the really shy type so Archie was proud of Betty.
While things were going moderately okay with two oblivious people obviously in love with each other, things were about to change. It will be next week, with the matchmaker queen, Veronica Lodge.