CHAPTER 2.1 The Lost History

Part I

..
..
..

Somewhere, there is a dark and uninhabited. There is no life there. Only a sound of water drop can be hear .

Tik .... tik .... tik .... tik ...

'Hahhh .... am I dead? I am died. Or not?' a man thought alone in the dark. 'Maybe I am really had died. If I did then its all over. I didn't think the situation after death was so calm. Why didn't I think about dying all this time? If I had known it will be this quiet when I was dead, it would have been I killed myself, 'Wei Wuxian thought. And at that moment, he was reminded of the moment he died.

..
..
..

Flashback

..

"Wei Ying, what are you doing there? Come to me," asked Lan Wangji. Wei Wuxian turned to Lan Wangji. "Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian replied. "What are you doing here Lan Zhan. You should'nt have been here standing with me. You should have been there, fighting with them, to defeat me," said Wei Wuxian. "Wei Ying, don't go there. Come here, come to me," persuaded Lan Wangji without answering Wei Wuxian's question.

Wei Wuxian just smiled and said, "Lan Zhan. What will you do if I come to you? Will you punish me? Will you.. will you kill me?". "No Wei Ying. Wei Ying, I will never be able to hurt you. Wei Ying, please, come to me," Lan Wangji continued to persuade Wei Wuxian to come to him.

"Lan Zhan, I'm tired." said Wei Wuxian. "Wei Ying. I know. That's why come to me. Let's go back to Gusu." Lan Wangji replied.

Wei Wuxian just stared at Lan Wangji. But his gaze shifted to Jiang Cheng. He saw his younger brother fighting with a living corpse. Seeing Jiang Cheng's near-fatal situation, he summoned all the corpses to come to him.

Then he said to Lan Wangji, "Lan Zhan, let's end this now." Then he snaped his finger. Lan Wangji who saw the situation headed to Wei Wuxian to protect him from the living corpse that was summoned by Wei Wuxian.

However, the number of living corpses that began to be reckless towards Wei wuxian was immense and could not be resisted by Lan Wangji.

Lan Xichen, aware about the real situation, went to Lan Wangji to save him. Lan Xichen took Lan Wangji out of the battlefield. "Brother! What are you doing ?! Wei Ying needs me!" said Lan Wangji.

"Wangji! Enough! I can't lose you," said Lan Xichen. "And I can't lose him!" replied Lan Wangji.

Lan Xichen who heard his brother's could only look at him but his hand still held Lan Wangji's so that he would not go to Wei Wuxian.

"Brother, please let me go! Wei Ying needs me now!" ask Hanguang Jun. Lan Xichen just shook his head in disapproval. And at that moment Lan Qiren came. He also prevented Lan Wangji from going to Wei Wuxian and said.

"Stay here! Why do you want to help him? He's your enemy!" said Lan Qiren. Hanguang Jun ignored Lan Qiren's words and only asked for his release. "Please let me go! Wei Ying needs me!" said Hanguang Jun.

Jiang Cheng, who was battling a living corpse, stopped his step when the creature stopped attacking him and headed for Wei Wuxian. And in that situation, he looked at Wei Wuxian. He saw Wei Wuxian looking at him as if he was saying something.

Jiang Cheng read Wei Wuxian's lips. 'Forgive me'. He was shocked by what Wei Wuxian said. 'No. Wuxian, don't do stupid things! '.

At that moment, Wei Wuxian moved to the edge of the canyon and dropped himself into the ravine. Jiang Cheng ran for Wei Wuxian.

Lan Wangji, however, with all his strength, escaped the control of his brother and uncle and went to Wei Wuxian. Unfortunately, despite their efforts to rush to Yiling Patriach, they still failed to save Wei Wuxian.

"Wei Ying! / Wei Wuxian!" scream both of them. Lan Wangji and Jiang Cheng could only see Wei Wuxian fall into a ravine.

They saw Wei Wuxian smiling as he fell and his body was devoured by the living corpse. 'Forgive me'. Those were Wei Wuxian's last words when he fell into a ravine with the corpse.

"Wei Wuxian! Why did you do this ?! If you want to die, you must die in my hands. You promised Wei Wuxian. You promised!" He screamed. "Why Wuxian, why? Brother," cried Jiang Cheng. "Wei Ying," said Lan Wangji. That is the only word that he able to said at that time.

Lan Wangji, who is still shocked by what happened before his eyes, remained speechless. He could not interpret what was going on around him.

His focus was only on the edge that Wei Wuxian had dropped himself. His feelings were mixed with anger, sadness and regret. At that time, Hanguang Jun was not able to think rationally. He was too shocked.
.

.

.
Flashback end
.

.

.

'Haahhh ... I hope they forgive me. I just want to help, 'he thought. 'You did your best Wei Wuxian. You have done what I could do to safe them. Maybe its enough. Yeah, 'he complimented himself because no one will compliment him.

Wei Wuxian didn't feel any remorse at that moment. He knew he had done his best to protect Wen. He also forgave those who slandered and abused him.

He is very hopeful, if Ayuan is alive, he hopes Ayuan is in good health. And in case Ayuan dies, he hopes that Ayuan will have a good fortune at his rebirth.

Wei Wuxian tried to open his eyes, but failed. 'Haaahhh ... maybe all that remains now is my soul, my body had been devoured by that creature,'he thought. A moment later, he open his eyes and looke at his surrounding.

'Why is so dark here? It's kind of creepy',he added. 'Wei Wuxian, of course it's creepy. Who are you thinking of yourself? You are Yiling Patriach. The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivator. And you want a place like heaven?'he thought sadly.

Suddenly, he felt some movement around him so he tried to focus on it. 'Hermm.. What's that?'he said.

Wei Wuxian try to focused all of his attention to the 'thing' that looked like flying around him. This time, he saw a light. A little of light. Just a tiny bit. He make his ways to it. But, when he almost there, the light suddenly has disappeared.

 But, when he almost there, the light suddenly has disappeared

'Where is that light go?',asked him.

..
..
..

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
To be continue
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

---7---