𝟢𝟣𝟢,THE BENDS?

GLITCH.
010| the bends?

RENEE STOOD ON THE EDGE OF THE HMS POGUE.

━━  hands placed securely on her hips, eyes lingering over the small amount of the sunken boat she could just managed to see as the sun even dared to shine on it. She let a sigh surpass her lips, not liking what they were doing at all and visibly against it.

JJ's eyes were kept fixated on the back of the girls body, Pope and John B making snide comments about him, most ending with the punchline along the lines of if his jaw were to drop any lower they would all be able to see the drawl collecting in his mouth.

" this is empty..you took empty tanks?" Kiara quizzed John B as he thumped down beside her, Renee scoffed lowly and turned her head back.

Her eyes caught on JJ's stare, who forced his eyes to tear away from her to save himself the embarrassment of having to explain why he was in fact staring at her.

" so you stole from your boss for nothi-" Renee went to criticise the brunette boy who sat close by to her, before being cut off by her other brunette curly haired best friend.

" this ones a quarter full." Kiara informed them sarcastically, her eyes staring down John B as she shook her head.

" it's enough for one of us." The brunette grumbled, as her eyes pondered around the boat for any takers who knew how to dive.

Renee turned herself to face her friends, but hands still firmly placed on her hips.

" love it when a plan comes together." Pope joked but kept his voice solemn, making a chuckle fall from the blonde girls lips.

" does anybody know how to dive?" Kiara asked, turning her head to look at Renee, who just shrugged her shoulders.

Kiara panned her eyes around to the boys, all who pointed at one another, fully aware they hadn't learnt how to dive.

" anybody?" Kiara spoke up again, this time her voice tenser.

"it's kind of a kook sport." JJ spoke after a few moments of awkward silence passed them.

Everyone's eyes fell onto the only one of them who could be classified as a kook amongst them, Renee felt her friends eyes burn into her skin as she moved her hands from their current position to cross over her chest.

"I-I don't know how to dive if that's what all your beady eyes are staring at me for!" she snapped, her voice slightly defensive as she shook her head.

Her eyes once again met JJ's, who sent her a small smile before the rest of the groups attention turned back to Pope as he spoke.

" I...read about it." he spoke up, Renee suppressed her wide smile with a nod before turning her body back to look into the water.

" great, Pope's read about it so someone's gonna die." Kiara's sarcasm drenched tone was enough to make each boy roll their eyes.

" bit dramatic Kie." Renee mumbled, earning a slap on her leg from her best friend.

" Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard can it be?" JJ asked dumbfounded. Renee turned her head squinting her eyes and furrowing her eyebrows at the boy who just shrugged his shoulders at her expression.