2| A Cross-Gender Fight?

The cover above is made by the awesome volleyballrider123
Thank you so much!<3

I stepped out of my dad's car to be faced with a beautiful and cozy two-storey house standing in front of me with all its glory. The outer walls were painted in a creamy, cuddly white and the roof in gray huskie contrasting perfectly with the greenery of the heavenly garden. The honey rays of sunlight reflected on the building making it look even more pretty. It was flawless.

Dad and I entered through the sliding gate and made our way past the exquisite lawn. As soon as we reached their door step, I rang the bell and seconds later was greeted by uncle Nathan and his two months golden retriever.

"Aye Charl, I missed you." Uncle Nathan outspread his hands and embraced me in a tight hug as I set foot in the house.

"I missed you too Nathan. How are you?"

"Awesome! Sam has been waiting for you by the way." He said then sauntered his way down the hall with dad by his side and I did a 360 degree eye roll in response. Here we go again.

"Hey buddy." I grinned at their cute little golden retriever, picking him up while ruffling his lustrous coat of gold lightly, his soft caramel hair tickling my fingers.

"Ooooo who do we have here?." The one and only Sam appeared from down the hall with his signature smirk playing on his lips, his honey brown hair all over the place.

You know those typical players you see in movies wearing a black leather jacket with a white shirt under it? Well, that's Sam, the epitome of a high school bad boy who flirts continuously whenever they see a female walking on earth. He may be prepossessing in appearance, but never for me, a twenty three year old.

"Yeah, like you didn't know I was coming." I rolled my eyes and walked past him, searching and examining this maze of a house until I found the TV longue.

As soon as I entered, my eyebrows rose in surprise. The room was exactly like the ones you see in architectural magazines. The walls were beige colored with tiny cute patterns on each side, complimenting the blue sectional sofa filling most of the room and the two white beanbags on the side. At the right end of the room, there was a grey wall mounted book shelf filled with dozens of books and an LCD screen on the opposite side. I instantly fell in love with the place.

Sam ambled in behind me and sat on one end of the sofa, running a hand through his hair, "I didn't even care asking dad if you were coming or not."

"You sure about that?" I smirked, "Remind your dad not to share your secrets with other people then."

"What do you mean?" Confusion was evident on his face.

In response, I raised an eyebrow while crossing both arms over my chest, "Does Nathan always tell the guests that you're eagerly waiting for them?"

At this moment, his face turned as red as vermillion before walking away with a grunt and an eye roll.

As I stood there doing nothing, but scanning the place, Sebastian, my best friend, called.

Sebastian and I knew each other since the first year of college back in Scotland and coincidentally, we both live in the same city. I had trust issues back then due to being betrayed by my own mother so it was extremely hard for me to open up yet he managed to change all that and became my bestfriend and stood by my side in thick and thin ever since we first met. He helped me throughout the four years of college and I'm forever grateful for having him in my life as a friend and a brother.