5| The Match 2

"You got this!" Gary exclaimed as the ringing bell echoed throughout the whole arena.

Sensing a pair of eyes shooting daggers at me, I swiftly turned around to be met with Justin's oval, grey eyes that were brimming with enmity and pure hate. He stood ready in his guard position, his large fists clenched in front of his face in a shielding posture.

I went ahead placing my fists in a guarding position then started bouncing around in the ring, taking short sliding steps but not once breaking eye contact with my opponent.

His grey eyes glistened with rage, his dark brows knitted and jaw clenched extremely hard. On the other hand, I mustered a look of amusement on my face, a smirk formed on my lips and eyebrows slightly raised. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little bit intimidated by him but he doesn't have to know that.

Not even looking at the seats were Sebastian and my dad were seated, I knew my best friend was scared out of his wits and quaking in his big ass rain boots thinking I'd die on the spot just by looking at Justin's furious face. He's wearing rain boots on a sunny day so I wouldn't be surprised.

Gradually, I started getting closer to Justin, ready to throw the first punch. Just as I was about to jab him, he swiftly punched my nose and right hooked me straight away, his ginormous fists felt like a brick making contact with my face.

I tripped until I landed on the ropes, feeling the warm, viscous liquid run down my face. The stinging sensation made me laugh internally although it hurt as hell. I don't even know why I was amused even though I'm the one who got hurt in this situation, but all I know is that he's angrier than I thought he was.

Good to know.

I aggressively wiped my bloody nose then leaped on my feet, my face holding the slightest bit of anger mixed with amusement. I took short steps towards him while moving in small circles as he mirrored my moves.

"Glad to know you're not as confident as you were." I mocked through heavy breaths, simultaneously jabbing him with my right arm.

"Are you?" He said in between jabs, the vexed look not leaving his face.

I right hooked him, "sure am."

He hissed at the punch then his swollen lips suddenly turned into a deep smirk, "you're hot."

Taking me of guard, he took advantage of my surprised and semi flustered state, subsequently left hooking me then rapidly made a 360 degree turn, proceeding to hook me again, but I speedily bent down and gave him a not so powerful uppercut that was enough to make him stumble upon his feet a few steps backwards.

How the fuck did I nearly fall for that, god! I've never felt more stupid in my 23 years of life.

He quickly gained back his composure, raising a long eyebrow and clenching his sharp, defined jaw, obviously ready to beat the shit out of me.

I bounced towards him and was able to get a few jabs in. He proceeded to kick my liver with his left leg, but I swiftly held his feet when he quickly and effortlessly twisted his body 360 degrees as I saw his leg coming towards my head in a rapid speed until it made contact with my face. I grunted loudly, my head arching back followed by my body until I fell on the hard floor, feeling my brain bump against the back of my skull.

I felt extraordinary pain mixed with some degree of confusion and shock spread all over my body. Although the kick was aimed at my face, my full body was extremely aching due to the sudden impact I had with the floor. It seems like Justin 'the strongest' never skipped leg day.

As I was laying vulnerably on the floor, I felt his body towering over my figure. I guess giving me a concussion wasn't good enough for him because he mercilessly started punching my face with so much force that I thought my nose fell off. I used all my effort to try to get this prick away from me, but it wasn't enough as I didn't even have any energy.

Finally, the referee took "the strongest" away from me while I stayed on the floor, barely able to move a muscle.

My eyes were opened to slits, enough to see a blurry image of the timekeeper indicating the count with the motion of his hands as I laid in my place, waiting for him to announce my defeat.

"1", the rabble of angry people's voice echoed through the whole entire arena, while I powerlessly stayed on the ground, barely able to move.

Come on Charl," Gary yelled his lungs out, "come on!"

"Mhmm." I muffled as I tried getting up from my vulnerable position, but miserably failed, harshly landing back on the ground when I felt the pain get a hundred times worse.

"2....3....4....,"

The time keeper and the angry audience's voice felt like music to my ears, but not any type of music, country music... and I hate country music.

I could hear the throng of audience aggressively count while some booed as I breathed in deeply, trying to get up once more, but again feeling a twinge of pain all over my body causing me to bust down on the floor in despair.

"10..."

————————————

Hope u like it<3
Don't forget to vote and comment, ily all
I barely have any time to open wattpad due to school and stuff. I'm so sorry guys but I hope u enjoy this short chapter:)