0.5

"I've been in this place for roughly, I don't know, 26 hours and someone already wants to kill me?!" Michael scoffed, holding an icepack that Nia had given him a few moments earlier when he complained about his excruciating headache.

Nia licked her lips, trying to think of an answer to come up with. She didn't really have much of an explanation for what just happened to the boy she just met, but she only knew one thing ; someone wanted Michael hurt.

"I don't why someone would want to do that honestly. You just got here." Nia stammered on her words, putting her hair in a pony tail since it stuck the sides of her sweaty forehead, making her feel incredibly icky.

Luke already had taken it upon himself to begin to sweep the broken glass on the floor, without actually having to physically do it. He would normally beg Nia to just twirl her fingers and make this all disappear, but he had already asked for much from her.

"You know, if you keep using your telekinetic abilities, you'll never learn how to do it for yourself." Ashton teased Luke, grabbing a shirt to put on because ironically, he was freezing.

"If I'm going to be born a mutant, I might as well use it to the best of my abilities." Luke quickly responds, making the dust-pan discard the glass in the trash and tying up the bag. He did this while all laying down, eating an apple.

The word mutant caused Michael to scrunch up his nose and his insides to turn as the horrid moments prior from being stuck in this place replayed in the back of his mind. He saw the slur as an insult, as a label that he found himself confined in when all he wanted to be known as was himself.

"We're going to have buy a new sink." Calum complained while wiping the black substance that Ashton had coughed up. Nia walked over to the bathroom, kneeling down next to Calum.

"Give me that towelette when you're done. I want to see what exactly they poisoned Ash with." Nia requested, helping fix the sink quickly. She gave a sly wink to Calum, not in a flirtatious way because she's busy boning his best friend, but as way to say you're welcome for the new sink. He silently thanks her, passing her the soaked towelette.

"Alright, I'm leaving." Nia shouted, giving Ashton a quick peck, which the boys would certainly tease him for once she closed that door. "Feel better Mikey, and I will certainly find out who did this to you. To the both of you." She smiled warmly at Michael, who felt as if she was the only nice person he has met so far. And it was nice for him to think of her just as a person and not of a mutant.

As expected, once Nia had left and Luke heard her thoughts slowly become faint the further she was from the door, him and Calum began to tease Ash.

"Look at wittle Ash and his girlfriend." Luke ridiculed, tossing his apple across the room.

Ashton couldn't help but blush. He quickly cleared his throat, displaying his masculinity.

"She's not my girlfriend." Ashton established. He wasn't one for relationships, in the least jerk type of way possible, and Nia was completely understanding with that. There was no need to rush into things when they already have millions of items on their plate. And what had happen earlier is certainly being added on.

"I think you should get some rest." Ashton suggested to Michael, who just finished recovering from a nosebleed that lasted for more than half an hour. Michael healed fast, which came to his advantage for the most part, but a rest was well needed.

Calum gestured with his head that the three of them should go outside and talk as the red haired boy dozed off. Luke rolled his eyes, not wanting to be bothered, but teleported himself outside. Ashton groaned at Luke's use of his abilities, opening the door behind him.