03 s.n.

[sydney couldn't ask you outso she just admired from afar]

so she just admired from afar]

   you knew sydney for years now. not closely, just through science projects and reading circles in language arts. however, you never really talked to each other, but that didn't stop wandering eyes from either of you. sometimes she would look at you from afar, and you the same. you couldn't help but wonder why you take peaks at each other. maybe you wanted to be friends, maybe more?

every so often you found her eyes wandering to you, looking at you with a soft smile. sometimes your friends would tell you of her actions, sending an unknowing smile to your face. however, this time, you intended to find out what her actions meant to her. during lunch with your friends you could feel the intense stare of someone looking into the back of your head.

when you turned around, there was sydney, looking away quickly. "guys, i'll be right back, one second," you notified your friends and left the table. you were anxious for sure, but you really wanted a solution to you feelings. "alright novak, why were you staring at me?" you asked, sitting down in front of her. she bit her lip and looked away from you, maintaining no eye contact.

"it's not like you don't stare at me," she replied, remembering all the times you did this to her as well. you shook your head, "this isn't about me. i just want to know, why're you staring?" sydney sighed a little and flared at me. "why're you staring? it's clear there is something there, an emotion, that we aren't mentioning," sydney replies once more. i've never heard her talk so much.

you scrunched up your nose a little, "listen i don't know what emotion you're talking about, it's not like i have feelings for you, do you have a crush on me? is that?" she bit her lip a little rolled her eyes, "what about those longing looks from you? do you have a crush on me?" this tension was soon creating. you never thought of yourself as someone who would have a crush on a gir- well a nobody.

"let's discuss this somewhere more private next time, i don't need word getting out that i'm gay or something because you have assumptions," you got up abruptly and left to sit with your friends again.

——
note; this one was made for girls as it explores sexuality, however, if you're a guy that's chill too. also this is no hate to the lgbtq+ community (in fact i'm gay), it's just that in this show it seems almost like backward thinking and i wanted to portray that!