CHAPTER 4

The next week turned out to be pretty busy, I spent most of the time in my clinic taking appointments and doing regular stuff, and when I didn't have any patients to attend I would hang out with Emily at her book store.

She is such a sweetheart, never does she mind me hitting her store untimely. I wish I could be like her. She is just always that happy, bubbly girl who doesn't think twice before pouring her heart out. I wish I could be carefree like her, not giving a fuck about anything going on. But that just remains as a wish because I am nowhere near to her. I am just a super awkward introvert who doesn't know how to behave with new people. Hell! I don't even know how to act around the people that I know. And my awkwardness even tops its level when I am around boys, especially cute boys. I don't know why I am like this?

I was never a social butterfly nor a party-loving person. Whenever I was out with my friends or at a party I'd always be thinking of an escaping plan of getting home so that I can lay on my comfy bed or watch an old movie or just waste my time doing nothing. I don't know if I am that lazy or what but that's how I live. As it is Saturday night so I am enjoying my time at home. sitting on my couch with a chocolate bar in my hand and watching Pretty Woman, I guess I have watched it like a thousand times still I never get bored. You know its that epic. Chocolate and a great movie surely is the best combination I must say.

Becky isn't home yet, I think she will be staying at Kayden's. It's not a problem as I don't mind being alone. Actually its really peaceful that way. Peaceful or rather you can say boring? my life has always been like this and still continues to be least interesting. It feels like I have been caught up somewhere between my clinic and my home and there isn't any other place for me to go. It really sucks to live life like this. You know, With nearly no social life and non-existent love life. I mean common I am fucking 24 and still single. Can you believe that? Okay, I might be a little exaggerating, there would be surely people around my age who aren't involved in a romantic relationship. It just feels weird because I haven't dated anyone in a long time. I remember having a boyfriend in school but it wasn't any serious though. Thinking about the lack of men in my life reminds me of Sam asking me out last week. I am really looking forward to it as I have never been on an actual date. That's crazy, isn't it?

I divert my attention back to TV, suddenly I feel my phone vibrating next to me on my couch. I don't even remember when did I hear my ring tone last time. most of the time I have it in silent mode because nobody really cares about my existence. I look at it and a smile appears on my face seeing Sam's name flashing. I click on the receive icon and answer him.

"Hello!"

"Hey, Nikki!" He screams on the phone enthusiastically as I have to pull away from the phone to prevent myself a hearing loss. "So I guess you were waiting for my call." He says in an amused tone.

"What? No, not at all. Why would I?" I tease him.

"oh common Nikki, lying doesn't suit you. otherwise, you wouldn't have picked up my call faster than I thought you would."

"That's because I was going through my emails, you idiot." Okay, that was a straight lie.

" Whatever." He says. I know he must be rolling his eyes at the other end.

"By the way, I hope you remember me asking you out on a date this weekend."

"Yes, I do."

"So I called you to ask, is it okay if we go out tomorrow in the evening. Only if you are free?"

"Sure, I'll wrap everything up earlier, then we can head out."

"I'll pick you up at 6 in the evening then?" he asks.