Her

That was his last chance.

I have given him more than enough, and he's ruined every single one.

I've never trusted Doctors my entire life, so it was stupid of me to think he'd be any different. It's the other one's fault really. It's her emotions that stopped me from acting. Stopped me from stopping his heart.

Flashes of memories inhibit me for a few moments – those smiles from Doctor Steele having ruined hospitals forever. Days of being locked up in various rooms with padded walls that tell you not-so-subtly that you're a thing, you're an animal. You deserve to live in a cage.

No one – especially someone like Dr. Light – is going to put me, or her, in a cage again.

She doesn't deserve it at least.

She doesn't deserve to see him every day, and I can't sit here and watch him bring her walls crashing down. If someone, if anyone, hurts her, then I will fight. I will fight until my last breath.

Like last time.

Again, the memory is still foggy, but that doesn't mean it can't haunt me. I will have my freedom and Light is part of the problem. He will always be part of the problem unless I do something.

Currently, Doc' is seated in the living room, clasping his head. I walk past the open door, head for the stairs. I need to retrieve my dinner knife. Well, I could always choke the life out of him, but it's pretty time consuming.

I can hear my other self, struggling to break free, to come back. I ignore her, speeding up the stairs to our bedroom.

After she starts to beg, I shut her off altogether. She shouldn't make this harder than it needs to be. I'm doing her a favour.

We have to eliminate the past, so we can have a future. A future where every aspect of our lives is untouched by others.

Heading to the landing, I pause, using the opportunity to realign my mind. I should have made her forget, shouldn't have tried to convince her. But I did, and I have and now I have to live with it.

There's only so much I can make her forget. All the same... No. I am decided.

This is my life too.

I want it back.