Koichi Hirose x Reader

* Just a bit of Fluff in this. Enjoy! *

He had caught your attention from your very first day at high school. You two had just happened to be in the same class, so were lucky enough to see him every day. On your first day, you had walked nervously into your classroom and sat down, opting to survey the room before your lesson began to get an idea of who you would be working alongside for the rest of the year. Most of the other students weren't anything special and didn't really stand out to you, but there was a pair at the back that caught your eye. 

One of the pair was a tall and well built lad with an almost hilariously outdated hairstyle, though you had to admit it did suit him well. He had somewhat customised his uniform with unique gold pins on the collar and sides of his jacket that held the front open to show a yellow shirt beneath with a decorative zip on either side. However, it wasn't him that stood out to you. The other boy seemed quite the opposite to his companion at first glance. He was noticeably shorter than average, maybe around 5"2' at a guess, quite the contrast from his taller-than-average friend. He wore his uniform simply, as anyone else would; just a normal evergreen uniform, no pins or badges to make it unique and personalised, which you respected. You appreciated that not everyone wanted to stand out, after all, you weren't wearing your uniform in any special way either. His hair was a stunning silver, and somehow managed to look both scruffy and unkempt, but also tidy and well-groomed at the same time, which you didn't know was possible. It spiked up at various angles, but kept a pleasing form to it, so it didn't come off as messy.

Throughout the year, you had found yourself gravitating towards him, and began striking up conversations with him and his friend and working on projects together. You learned his name was Koichi Hirose, a name that just rolled off your tongue in the best way, not that you would never say so. He turned out to be a very friendly kid, albeit a tad shy and nervous at times, and was a great classmate. The other boy you had seen him with was Josuke Higashikata, who was a great friend since he was so charismatic and always seemed to make the best out of situations. Since your first day, someone else had been enrolled in your class, a boy named Okuyasu Nijimura, who ended up becoming friends with your little group as well. He wasn't exactly the smartest person, which he knew, but he brought a great energy to the group, and became best friends with Josuke. You felt a little bad that Okuyasu's addition to the group made Josuke drift from Koichi a little, but it also gave you all the more opportunity to talk to him and fill that gap, so you didn't dare say anything about it.

However, around the end of June and the start of July, you began to see the boys less and less. They always seemed to be busy, and were becoming sort of distant. You sometimes spotted them walking around Morioh with people you didn't know, such as a lean, teal-haired man wearing eccentric clothes, or a man who's height and looks rivaled Josuke's, always wearing a hat for whatever reason. You were becoming lonely with them rarely being around anymore, but you missed none of them as much as Koichi. 

All you wanted was to sit down and work on something with him. You always found peace when you were with him, and he was a joy to talk to. Unlike Josuke and Okuyasu, he was calm and quiet, and carried a soothing energy when he was around. You had found yourself loving his company, and you only wished you could be around him more. You seemed to have butterflies in your stomach whenever you saw him, some might even say you had a crush on him, and maybe you did. There was nothing you could do about it though, because he always seemed to have Yukako over his shoulder whenever you two were alone, and you knew they were in a relationship, even if it was rocky and unstable. You didn't want to interfere with them, since Koichi seemed content with Yukako by his side, and no doubt she would attempt to kill you if you got between them, so you just let them be. Sometimes when you saw them together, you wished that it was you with him in Yukako's place, and you daydreamed about it when you were alone.