Prolouge

I lay back on the forest floor, my tunic covered in a thin layer of pine needles. The air was fresh, and sky was dark, with not a star to be seen. The forest was to dark to see clearly, even for my elf eyes. I brushed my blonde hair out of my face, and sighed. It was quiet. To quiet, in fact.The man next to me rolled over in his sleep, his hand brushing my arm.

"Aranel?"

I blinked. He was awake.

"Aragorn, I'm still here. And you're supposed to be asleep."

"I can't sleep."

"Nothing interesting happened while you where out. Just some mice."

"Ah, the dangers of mice."

I snorted and pushed myself into a sitting position. The dirt still clinging to my back left a smear of brown on my otherwise green shirt.

"We might as well start moving now that you're awake."

"Alright, Ara."

I stood smoothly and helped Aragorn up. The offending dirt was quickly wiped of my shoulders by my fingertips. I clipped my sword around my waist and grabbed my bow. We had just finished packing up our meager supplies, when an arrow slammed into the tree next to me.

"Aragorn, orks!"

He drew his sword and I pulled an arrow out of my quiver. Another crossbow quarrel imbedded itself next to face. "That's far to close for my liking," I muttered. The two of us slipped further into the dense undergrowth, trying to pinpoint the orks. I yelped in surprise when one popped up right in front of me. The ork's sword was headed in a straight line to my face, when I jolted awake.