Arrival

Melody's POV
The plane landed with a whoosh and I woke up from a light sleep. I grumbled slightly about it being too early to reach Australia but opened my eyes anyway. My name is Melody Skyes. I'm from New Zealand and I am moving to Australia to help out at the busiest beach in Australia. Bondi Beach. My god-father, Anthony Caroll, or more widely known as Harries, has also worked there for a long time and I thought it was about time I joined him. I am 20 years old and I am also a dancer outside of being a lifeguard. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the aircraft.

"Melody!"
I heard a voice call from behind me and somewhere in the crowd beside me but one face stood out,
"Uncle Harries!" I called to him and walked over to him with my suitcase and bags.
"How have you been Mel? I haven't seen you in so long,"
"I've been alright, but I can't wait to be out in the water of Australia, I heard that it's so much more exciting than New Zealand's oceans." I grinned at the thought of the cool waters of Australia.
"Its quite busy at this time of year, it's summer, hot and a great time of year to be in the cold waters. Its always good to have an extra pair of eyes."
I nodded slightly at this. I knew that it would be bust and tough. "Well, let's head over to the beach. You can keep your bags at the tower and get changed there."

Grabbing my bags I entered the Central Tower where a few other boys were and one other female. I dropped my bags onto the ground and stood over beside Harries, waiting for further instructions until the other woman in the room came over to me,
"Hey, I'm Juliana, but call me Jules. What's your name?"
She seemed pretty nice so I decided to introduce myself, "Hello Jules, my name is Melody."
Her eyes seemed to put up, " Your the new lifeguard right?" I nod, "Oh good! It gets a bit lonely when you're the only girl on the team-"
"Only girl?"
"Well, yeah. Your the second girl at the moment, hopefully we have new girls!"

A moment later, a man gathered everyone up,
"Good Morning boys-"
Turning to me and Jules,
"And girls, we have a new lifeguard joining us today. Welcome Melody Skyes, from New Zealand."

Once we finished greeting each other, the man I was introduced by who I now knew was Hoppo, gave me my first set of instructions,
"You can start with Jules and swap with Jethro and Maxi." Nodding, I hear the door opening and find that two men had entered the tower. One had short brown hair, and the other had long blonde hair. "Just in time, Jethro, Maxi. This is-"
"Melody." I bluntly and coldly introduced. I smiled slightly at the brown haired boy but glared at the blonde boy. I just....had a bad feeling about him. I stalked out if the building with Jules following behind me.

3rd Person
As Jules and Melody walked out of the tower, Jethro turned to Hoppo in confusion, " What did I do?"
He shrugged. "I don't know. But whatever that was it seems like she doesn't like you at all." Jethro stared at where he last saw the girl before scowling, " Well, I don't care if she doesnt like me." And then he sat down in a chair and picked up the binoculars to watch out for swimmers.

Jules was jogging slightly to keep up with the younger lifeguard in front of her, once they reached the buggy, they sat down and Jules took the drivers seat. A few moments later, Jules asked Melody a question,
"Why do you not like Jethro so much?"
Melody snorted at this. "He seems like the type that plays with girls' feelings and is never serious." Jules raises her eyebrow at this but shook her head, shaking slightly with laughter. Melody turns to her, lifting her gaze from the water for a moment and opened her mouth to speak until someone's voice cams over through the radio,
Bondi Central to Jules and Melody
"Copy, what's wrong?"
There's a girl and boy, both maybe in their mid-teens who are in trouble towards the south
Jules and Melody looked up towards the south to see two people in trouble. Jules turned the engine on and drove towards the south while Melody started to strip, only wearing a navy blue one piece bathing suit. Once reaching their destination, Melody set off first, grabbing the board and ran into the cold water. Her feet almost couldn't reach the ground so hopping onto the board, she paddled towards the girl who was further out the back. She was close to the boy who was desperately asking for help, "Another lifeguard is coming soon! Please hang in there," And with that she set off towards the girl again who started drifting even further. Finally reaching the young girl Melody spoke, "Are you alright?" The girl only coughed up water in return, "Okay, please get into the board and face towards the front," The girl did as she was told and Melody quickly returned to the sandbank where she realised the girl was no longer conscious. Melody's eyes widened as she called to Jules who already returned the boy, "Jules! We might need a difib, this girl isn't breathing." Jules nodded, taking off. Melody grabbed the medical kit and took out the oxygen mask, setting it on top of the box, Melody set the girl in the recovery position to let the water drool out as two more lifeguards came with Jules who turned out to be Harries and Jethro.
"How's her condition?" Harries asked Melody who was now putting the oxygen mask on the girl. "We need to conduct CPR and maybe the defib. She's not breathing." Harries set off to start CPR while Jethro starts talking into the radio, " Jethro to Bondi Central, we're going to need an ambo"
Copy
Melody stayed on monitoring her breathing while Jules kept a look out on the paramedics. A few moments later, Harries has a good sign, "She's breathing!" Melody let go of the breath she didn't know she was holding while the paramedics came and set the girl on a spinal board and took her away. Melody then stood up and made her way to the buggy and sat down with Jules, Jethro and Harries as they made their way back to Central. The two dropped Jethro and Harries off while Jules and Melody set off again to the south where they were set to watch.

It soon became dusk and was time to leave. Jethro was opening the door to leave until someone else opened the door before him, and the door slammed with a smack and with that he was down with a bloody nose. He looked up to see a glaring Melody standing over him. She walked off for someone else to help him while Jethro again scowled at the girl. Jethro stood up again and made his way towards Harries. Once Harries took a look at him, he laughed, "What happened to you mate?" Harries sat the bloody nosed boy down while Jethro rolls his eyes, "Melody happened. Opened the door and hit me in the face. Didn't even bother to help me." Harries laughed again while giving the poor boy a tissue.
"Melody is like that. Your either on her good side or bad side. If you're on her good side, she'll be an angel. But on her bad side, she'll hold that grudge for the whole of eternity. She's slightly judgemental I guess you could say. As soon as she sees someone, she'll decide if she likes them or not. But she's actually really nice once you get to know her." Jethro muttered under his breath about how rude she was while Harries couldn't stop laughing.

A/N
Well, this is the first chapter of the book. Interesting? Idk. I'm not a very good writer and this is my first story. Well, byeeee.
-Melody Skyes