Chapter 29.3

Xiao Gu stopped on his tracks and nodded towards Zhou Yiran, saying hello. Husky in front of him yelled twice and pulled him to Zhou Yiran.

“Wang Wang!” Husky barked at Zhou Yiran hostily.

“Tiantian, don’t make trouble.” Xiao Gu pulled the leash on his hand, but Husky still barked Zhou Yiran unconvinced.

Zhou Yiran glanced down at him and addressed Xiao Gu: “Your dog?”

Xiao Gu responded lightly: “Yes.”

His gaze shifted to Mi Qing, who was standing next to Zhou Yiran, and then turned to Zhou Yiran: “Are you going out for fun?”

“Yes.” Zhou Yiran answered with a smile, “Today is not her working day, so she wouldn’t be having any salary deduction to play.”

Xiao Gu’s lips ticked silently: “Even if there was salary deduction, didn’t you say you’d double it up for her?”

Zhou Yiran merely smiled and spoke no more. Xiao Gu took another look at Mi Qing and pulled his dog back: “Tiantian, let’s go.”

“Wang!” Husky barked at Zhou Yiran once more, and then wagged his tail at Mi Qing.

Mi Qing waved at him: “I’ll buy you meat later.”

“Wang Wang!” For the first time, Husky was stressed by the difficulty of communicating with humans. 

After he was dragged away by Xiao Gu helplessly, he began to lose his temper and threw all sorts of mischief. Xiao Gu stood up and rubbed his head: “Do you want a beating again?”

“Wang!” Husky glared at him sullenly. You’re the expert at beating me, if you have such ability, why didn’t you beat that person just now!

Xiao Gu laughed suddenly, squatting down and looking him in the eye, “You dare scold me, if I had let you go, would you have had the guts to bite him?”

“Woo woooo.” Husky’s momentum instantly plummeted by half.

“So, there’s no need for your bluff.” Xiao Gu stood up, pulling him forward again, “I will handle it myself.”

Back at the gate of the community, after Mi Qing got into Zhou Yiran’s car, he handed her a beautifully wrapped box: “Here, a gift for you.”

Mi Qing was surprised and received the box. “What is this? A Christmas gift?”

Zhou Yiran could not help but laugh out loud: “Your birthday gift, did you forget it?”

Mi Qing immediately joined in the laughter, “Oh, yeah, I forgot.” She beamed, and then asked skeptically, “Did you always carry these gifts with you? Or did you go on a special trip back to City A to get it?”

Zhou Yiran said, “I went back yesterday to get it.” He pointed to the back seat sideways, “The rabbit plush doll is also for you.”

Mi Qing glanced back to the back seat and sure enough, there she saw a big rabbit doll sitting there, wearing a seat belt. She couldn’t help laughing, “Thank you, but you didn’t have to run back to get it, how troublesome it is.”