Chapter 18.

Killian.

"So I'm guessing you still haven't figured out a way out of here newbie?"

Following her wasn't something I had in mind for today, but since Ley was pretty sure she would go snooping around I was on watch duty.

"Uh why would you have to guess, you've been following me the whole time." She retorted.

"So you noticed me? I feel somewhat flattered." I tease.

Jumping down from the tree she was resting against, I dropped right beside her.

"Oof, seems like that hurt a bit big guy. You sure you're ego is intact?" She said, peeking one eye open. Her face split into the cutest grin I have ever seen.

"Haha, my bum is just fine thank you very much." I said.

I hadn't noticed how close we were until both her eyes were open and I could see the sun in her eyes. It reminded me of the old book I read that dated all the way back to when humans lived on one planet. Her eyes were like a dark golden desert with the glint of the sun daring to shine no matter what. I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing. We were so close that I could hear her heart beating irregularly which I would've teased her about if the same thing were not happening to me. Her mouth was so close that if I moved an inch in her direction our mouths would meet, both mine and hers interlocked in tandem.

Then she stood up. The quick motion snapping me out of whatever spell I was under. I had a feeling that being near Nevaeh was going to be one hell of a challenge.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\(~¬~)//////////////////////////////////////////

Nevaeh.

I made my way back to the cabin with Killian in tow. I came in through the back patio to see my new roommate on top of the guy I ran into the first time I got here. They were definitely enjoying each other because the girl was all over him. Killian stepped right beside me and looked over to the couch too and downright laughed.

His laugh was gentle yet booming and very contagious. He was standing right beside me, his wildwood aroma making it very hard to resist stepping towards him. We were close back in the woods, a little too close. It was almost as if when I was near him everything fell away, and I felt that peace again. Everything was just right when I was around Killian.

What am I saying? I can't afford to have thoughts like this right now. I have to focus on getting to my friends.

As if she were watching a jump scare in a horror movie, the girl squealed and fell onto the floor. I laughed a bit seeing the eyes of the guy on the couch widen and reach out a hand to try to help her back up. She pushed his hand away springing right back up and began brushing her clothes off in an attempt to hide her face flushed with embarrassment.

Killian all the while, chuckling away. Weirdly the whole thing brought a smile to my face.

The dude who's name I completely blanked on helped the girl up and they both walked into kitchen as well.

"Yea, sorry about that we didn't hear anyone come in." The guy said a little flustered.

"No man by all means we're sorry for interrupting such an intense moment. There was no way you would hear us anyway, not over the bond." Killian replied.

"The bond?" They all turned towards me.

"Oh damn, my bad I forgot to introduce myself earlier. I'm Sadie your cabin mate."

"It's fine, I'm 1202." The room went a bit still. Killian grimaced.

Killian bent down and whispered. "Not the one they give you, the one they hid from you."

"Nevaeh. The name is Nevaeh."

I heard Killian's breathless whisper as he looked at me and muttered my name backwards. "Well now that that's out of the way..." something buzzed in Killian's pocket and breaking eye contact with me he pulled out a small rectangular transparent glass. Based on how he was using it it looked like a different version of the society's telecom.He noticed me eyeing his device. "Oh that's right the society has different telecoms over there. Ours are a little different cause we aren't connected to the society's network." He grabbed another clear telecom from his pocket and handed it to me.

"This one's yours. Compliments of Ley" He got closer again  and whispered "And make sure to message me, or I get very annoying." He backed away and winked before he turned and left through the way we had come into the cabin.

I watched him go and felt a sting.

"You hate to see them go but love to watch them leave."

I looked at Sadie and she was smirking at Louis, who was in turn rolling his eyes.

"So, I bet you're already thinking of how to leave." Louis said.

"Don't call her out on it already Lou, I remember when I first got here I was crazy for a while."

"Um, I'm sorry were you under the impression that that still isn't the case?" He teased Sadie. "And I wasn't calling her out on it, only trying to give her some advice. For example," He looked right at me. "Instead of planning your abrupt exit, you could also try to go on a very informative tour." He advised.

"Sure thing, but how is all this possible anyway?"