Fifty

I burst through the door of the tutor centre the next day at lunch, glancing around the large room for Abbie as everyone turned to look at me.

'Where's Abbie?' I asked the other students present.

'She's here somewhere,' Ellen said, getting to her feet, as I turned to look at her.

'Oh, hey Ellen,' I said, awkwardly.

'Hi,' she replied, sarcastically, with narrowed eyes, before she turned away and her face relaxed. 'There she is.'

I turned to see Abbie stepping out of what I assumed was a supply cupboard and I bolted right over to her, jumping in the air slightly and landing right in front of her excitedly. 'My English test!'

'Whoa, settle down,' she laughed, taking the paper out of my hand that I was waving in her face. 'You got an A-plus!'

'I fucking did!' I exclaimed, and we both gripped onto each other's arms and squealed as we jumped up and down.

'That is absolutely amazing!' Abbie cried, staring at the paper. 'I have to read this paper; I'm so bloody proud of you.'

'Read it, frame it, hang it on your fucking bedroom wall,' I replied. 'Either way, we need to celebrate me getting my first ever A-plus!'

'Of course we do,' she said. 'Have you told Ryker?'

'I haven't seen him yet,' I said.

'Shall we go to lunch?' Abbie asked. 'You were supposed to call me last night after your date but you didn't.'

'Sorry,' I giggled, as we linked arms and left the tutor centre. 'It was amazing. We ended up having sex on the boardwalk at the loch.'

'Amelia!' Abbie murmured, as she glanced around for anyone nearby that may have heard me.

'What?' I laughed. 'It just happened.'

'You two are mental,' she said.

'Then we went skinny dipping in the lake,' I told her.

'You know that lake isn't exactly clean water, right?' she replied.

'Like I could care,' I chuckled. 'I was naked in the water with the sexiest boy ever.'

'So sexy that it's worth catching some crazy dangerous bacterial infection?' Abbie replied.

'Thanks for ruining it,' I said, with a pretend scowl, before I laughed and nudged her softly. 'He was taking pictures of me jumping in the lake and it felt strange being the one in front of the camera, but I liked it. The pictures actually came out pretty beautiful.'

'So I see you clearly haven't learned from the last time you took naked pictures,' she giggled.

'Do I ever learn?' I asked, as we both laughed.

'I guess not,' Abbie said, as we stepped out onto campus in the bright, sunny daylight, looking for an empty outdoor table amongst the crowds of students enjoying their lunch outside in the very rare warm weather.

'No tables,' Abbie murmured.

'Grass it is,' I said, shrugging, as I nudged her towards the large grass area that plenty students were laid out on enjoying their lunch.

'So, I heard some guys in English saying that Mason officially left school yesterday,' I told her, as we sat down and I pulled my wraps from my bag.

'Oh yeah?' Abbie replied. 'Well, good riddance.'

'Yeah, apparently he's having a big leaving party at his house tonight,' I said. 'I'm guessing we're not invited.'

'Aw, I'm heartbroken,' she joked. 'I hope no one turns up.'