Six

Calysta is just as excited about the tournament just as everyone else. All the knights from the other realm coming to Camelot to fight for the crown. She wishes she could participate to show her father that she's not some fragile princess, but Uther gave her a good scolding every time she would bring up the topic. That it wasn't her duty. She was so furious with him. The only reason she didn't throw a fit that year was because Arthur told her that their father only worries about her. And since that day Arthur vows to win each tournament for her, which made the girl happy.

Since Gwen was helping Merlin before the tournament begins, Morgana had to help the blonde princess get ready. The girls walked arm and arm towards the tournament. Calysta removed her arm from Morgana and greeted her father.

"Hello, father," Calysta said as she kissed Uther on the cheek.

Uther grinned at his daughter. "You look beautiful, Calysta," he complimented.

"I did have a little help. I do need to show my support for Camelot and show an even bigger support for Arthur. I just know he's going to win."

"Your faith in Arthur never ceases to amaze me."

"I'm always going to believe in Arthur. Even if I'm at the other side of the realm, I'll always support Arthur." Especially since the princess won't know if this is her last tournament in Camelot.

Calysta hugged her father before she took her seat to his right. Uther greeted Morgana before she sat on his left. Calysta waved at Gwen when she arrived and sat next to Morgana. Gwen waved back. The sounds of the drums started playing. The crowd rose and started to applaud as all the participating knights joined the arena. Calysta looked around the knights until she spotted Arthur. Arthur had a look of irritation on his face. She wasn't sure what caused it but when his eyes met hers, the Pendragon smiled at her brother while giving an ecstatic wave. It snapped Arthur out from whatever funk he was in and he returned it with a small wave back.

Uther walked towards the participants and said, "Knights of the realm, it's a great honor to welcome you to the tournament at Camelot. Over the next three days, you will come to put your bravery to the test, your skills as warriors, and of course, to challenge the reigning champion - my son, Prince Arthur.

"Only one can have the honor of being crowned champion. And he will receive a prize of 1,000 gold pieces. It is in combat that we learn a knight's true nature - whether he is indeed a warrior or a coward.

"The tournament begins!"

Calysta applauds with the audience. She got even more excited since the first match was Arthur and a knight.

"Maybe we can find you a suitable husband amongst them," Uther told Calysta as he took his seat. "A knight is only as skillful as their ruler. And the more skillful knight must be ruled by a good king, who I'm sure has a prince even greater than him."

"Perhaps," Calysta said with a tight smile. Now, she wishes Arthur wins more than anything.

Soon the battle begins. Arthur was the first one to swing his sword at the knight. The knight tries to attack Arthur, but Arthur was able to block the knight's sword before he spun around and clanked his sword with the knight's.

And that's how most of the round went. Arthur and the knights attacking and blocking each other. The sounds of clinking and clanking being heard around the arena. Arthur got the final blow when he blocked the knight's sword again and was able to elbow him in the face, making Arthur the winner.

"Yes!" Calysta shouted as she clapped for her brother.

The rest of the tournament went on. Calysta kept cheering for Arthur every time he won the round. The other knight was a bit impressed with was Valiant. It seemed he was very skillful with his sword. He might be good with his sword but Arthur was much better than all of them.

》》》》

The first day of the tournament has finally come to an end. Calysta wasn't all that excited for the reception but she had to go because it was her duty as a princess to congratulate all the knights who participated today. She didn't want to be there. She wanted to go and spend the evening with Gauis and Merlin, enjoying their company more than knights.

She put a brave smile on her face as she congratulated the knights for their hard work. A few tried to put on a flirty face and greeted her with a kiss on her hand. Calysta was only sucking it up because she wasn't that comfortable with all the attention.

"Knight Valiant of the Westen Isles, my lord," Valiant introduced himself.

"I saw you fighting today," Uther said. "You have a very aggressive style."

"As my lord said, to lose is to be disgraced."

"I couldn't agree more." Uther patted his back before making him look at the princess and ward. "Knight Valiant, may I present my daughter, Princess Calysta, and Lady Morgana, my ward?"

Just like all the others, Valiant grabbed Calysta's hand before kissing it. "My lady," he greeted, his gaze not leaving hers.

Calysta tried to not show off her distraught, which didn't go unnoticed by Arthur. She got some creepy vibe from the knight. "You fought very well today," Calysta said politely. "Morgana was completely impressed with your fighting style."

"And how about you, your Grace?"

"It was...interesting."

Valiant grinned at her. "I understand the tournament champion has the honor of escorting my lady to the feast."

"That's correct," Morgana cut in. Happy to see someone 'decent' flirting with the princess.

"Then I will give everything to win the tournament." Valiant bowed to the princess before smiling at Morgana. "My lady."

Then he walked away and went with all the other knights who won. Calysta and Morgana looked to see them patting Valiant for a job well done. Morgana had a smile on her face while Calysta looked disgusted.

"Try not to do that here, people will notice," Arthur said as he walked up to his sister.

Unlike the others, Calysta had a genuine smile on her face as she hugged Arthur. "Congratulations, you did very well," she said.

Arthur smiled as he hugged back. "I did have my good luck charm cheering me on. I can never lose as long as you believe in me." He pulled away and his gaze went to Valiant. "Looks like you're not his biggest fan."

"I don't what it is about him. Something seems...off."

"Tell that to the other knights," Morgan said. "They all seem rather impressed by Knight Valiant."

"They're not the only one," Arthur said as he noticed the huge grin on Morgana's face.

"You're not jealous, are you?" Morgana teased.

"I don't see there's anything to be jealous of." Arthur gave Morgana another look before walking off.

Morgana scoffed. "Could your brother be any more annoying? I so hope Knight Valiant wins the tournament."

Gwen chuckled. "You don't really mean that."

"Yes, I do."

"Well, I'm still cheering for Arthur," Calysta said.

She certainly hopes that Arthur wins the tournment.