monday

it was raining, as always, as we walked into school; all of us joining the group one by one. we'd all missed each other, even though six weeks out of six were spent at each other's houses, making music.

'can't say i was best pleased when i was woken at 3:15am this morning by you cunts texting on the group chat.' matty said.

'you're just lucky there's no 'remove' button on life.' george muttered, 'then you'd be fucked.'

'if i wanted to be fucked, i'd ask jordon.' he retorted.

'shut up, you two.' i told them sharply, 'new year, new us. gotta make this one count.'

'like we haven't made the past 10 years count?' jordon asked as he joined us, 'bitch, please. it's us. how are we gonna make it count? dylan's probably gonna spend the whole year smoking weed again.'

'yeah, that's dylan.' i said as i shrugged my backpack higher onto my shoulders, 'this is us. jorel decker, george ragan, matthew busek, jordon terrell, and-'

'aye, jorel!' i heard someone call.

i turned around and saw aron who used to be my best friend but became a bitch after year seven.

'hey, aron.' i rolled my eyes as i spoke, 'whaddya want?'

'nothing. just thought it'd be funny to call your name.' he told me innocently as his friends tony and jimmy giggled and whispered to each other.

i rolled my eyes again and pushed past him, my real friends following as they gave him dirty looks.

'damn, he's a bitch.' george said, looking over his shoulder, 'no wonder he can't keep a steady relationship.'

i snorted and laughed. george could be someone without a sense of humour at times, but when he made a joke they were always the funniest.

'you're telling me. i put up with his shit for seven years.' i grinned.

'goood morning, you three!' dylan said cheerfully, 'and then there's jorel who ever so nicely called me a cunt this morning.'

'well for starters you wouldn't let me sleep. and two, you removed me from the group so of course i called you a cunt.' i said, 'pretty sure that's reason enough.'

' yeah, yeah. anyone wanna come smoke some weed behind the bins with me?' he asked.

'no. i'm not getting expelled because of that this year.' jordon grunted, 'in fact i don't think any of us are planning on getting expelled any time soon.'

'what jordon said.' i said, 'no one's getting kicked outta school this year.'

after i spoke, the bell rang and we went on our separate ways to different classes. i had music, which wasn't bad considering it was raining and it was a monday. but that's beside the point. the point is is that i had music and i love music, okay?