friday: 1pm

JOREL

'jorel! jorel!' jordon said into my face, 'fucking listen to me!'

i snapped out of looking at danny, who was looking through his locker. he kept moving his hair away from his eyes and i just.. just.. melted.

'huh? what?' i finally asked, 'what's up?'

'well, we were talking.' he said to me, 'but now i think i'll see you after class since you seem to be occupied with other things.'

'bro, what? you're getting mad at me for not paying attention?' i asked him, a smile playing on my lips, 'you gotta be shitting me, lad!'

'you haven't been paying attention for the past half hour!' he said loudly in an exasperated way, 'i was trying to tell you something important!'

'what's so important about trying to get matt to go out with you?' i asked, the smile finally forming on my face.

'is this all a joke to you?' jordon asked me, having seen the smile on my lips, 'is everything just one big joke to you? are you so rich that your head is up your arse and you don't give a shit about anyone?!'

'what? that's ridiculous!' i exclaimed.

'it's true, though.' jordon said.

'look, if you don't like me then just leave!' i yelled.

'is that all friends are to you?!' jordon yelled, 'things that you can just throw away on a whim?! well, news flash, they're not! and you've lost george and dylan, now you've lost me!'

i watched as he stormed off towards matt and everyone else. they were all glaring at me, while everyone else around me was just staring. i'd lost all my friends.

and for what?

nothing.