A day for study and naps

Time Skip- a few weeks later

In these weeks I had been home, I spent them mostly on my own, just like usual. I could be found meditating in the back garden, reading in the library, or training. Aside from the once a week visit from the Silva family, the weeks had flown by quietly, the weather warming each day towards summer.

Nozel and I had gotten closer whenever his family was visiting. He had been initially guarded towards me, but he quickly opened up and that was left behind, bringing our friendship closer to what it had once been. It was nice just having a bit of normalcy after my life got flipped on it's ass just two years ago.

Though, the only thing that had been niggling in the back of my head was that I could tell Nozel was infatuated with me, painfully so. Thinking back on before I left, I think he liked me back then as well. Well, I guess I never noticed because I was ridiculously dense back then.

When I finally got my grimoire, I couldn't afford to be a child anymore. I had to grow up, and face the implications of being given an ability that I couldn't control, at least not then. So, I forced myself to think and reflect on everything I did, hammered into my brain to think before acting.

Although I know of his feelings towards me, I cannot entertain them. My magical stability relies of my emotional stability, so being in love would only serve to destroy that-strong emotions do tend to make you vulnerable enough to spiral out of control.

I was focusing on something that had been bothering me as of late. My grimoire housed two different entirely different magics. Conceptually, this idea makes no sense and when I further studied the nature of my abilities and how they interacted, it only served to confuse me more. You see, my grimoire is called the gods' yin yang for a reason. The magic in itself wants to mesh together seamlessly, however they still resist that pull, as if they were sentient, I thought quietly in my head.

My thinking lead me to where I am now, shuffling through any and all information I could get my hands on about my grimoire and past history. It was mostly stuff I already knew. Everybody becomes awesome or a villain, got it.

I had just finished reading the original lore on my grimoire when it dawned on me. What if the lore is real? If these two gods were forced to combine in order to defeat the enemy, putting aside their grievances to become the ultimate ace, could it be possible their residual power created this grimoire?

My eyes widened, mouth popping open in shock. I had always thought the stories I had heard were meant to scare children and warn others away from people who had the grimoire, but the possibility of them holding even a grain of truth was shocking. If the legends were true, then the reason my magic acts as it does makes complete sense. I was about to go head first off the deep end into my thoughts on how to fix this issue when I heard someone knock on the door frame.

I jerked my head up so fast, my vision swam for a second before righting itself. My brother was at the door, amusedly holding his knuckles to the doorway to the vast library in our home.

"Hey" he said, breaking the silence in the room.

"Hello." I replied distractedly. I was still trying to sort out the noise in my brain from the life-changing truth I had just uncovered. I sighed, running my fingers through my scalp before slumping in my chair, motioning for Fuegoleon to sit at the chair across from mine at the study table.

"What has you so flustered Cade?" He asked the question with a sincerity that shocked me. I had to catch my surprise before I answered. I was constantly reminding myself that my little brother wasn't a kid anymore. He is a vice-captain and the heir to our family, and he had matured a lot to match the job.