Good to go

3rd POV;

Hope sat by the window gazing at the sky. Just by mere looking one could tell that she was lost in thought. A lot was going through her mind but beside that, the glittering hope in her eyes remain evident. Hope sat down motionless staring at the sun, yes the sun!

Hope's POV;

"Are you okay?" A brown haired and hazel eyed teenage boy asks me as he takes a seat beside me. I do not shift my gaze. "Yes, I'm just...tired..." I reply. "Of life?" he asks with concern. "What?No..." I retort, gaze still focused on the sun when curtains suddenly swallow my view. I continue to stare at the curtained window.

Ethan's POV;

I sigh, "Hope, I'm worried about you, ever since 'the incident' you have not been yourself. Its like, like you've lost your spark..."
Hope suddenly shifts her gaze to me. "I'm the same old Hope I've always been...its just that lately, sleep has become something that is not a need but more of a want...I'm alright, stop worrying..."

Hope's POV;

I finish answering Ethan when I suddenly feel a warm embrace, it was Ethan giving me a hug. I couldn't help but smile. He breaks the hug after a short time.
"Are you good to go?" he coos.
I put a perplexed expression on my face,"Um...Go where?". Before Ethan could answer my question, a brown haired, hazel eyed middle aged man, Mr Gregor, popped out of nowhere, "Who's ready to go to church!" He sang. "I know I am, how about you?" Continued a blonde haired, blue eyed woman, Mrs Gregor, that emerged from behind the man.

"I'm more than ready! Hope, how are you?" Ethan blurts out as he suddenly stands up, startling me in the process. Every ones gaze is now fixed on me, smiles of expectation surround me as they wait for me to speak.

"Um...I'm doing great even though I don't know what I'm supposed to say?..." I continue completely lost as this ritual was new to me.

Everyone chuckles at my response and I blush due to the embarrassment but shrug the feeling off.

"Okay! Let's head out!" Mr Gregor beams as he dances towards the front door. "Hold on dear..." Mrs Gregor suddenly says making Mr Gregor stop in his tracks. Turning around slowly, he finally exposes the annoyed look on his face as he waits for his wife to speak.

Mrs Gregor looks up and down at me. "This won't do...". " I'm confused..." I say slowly. She suddenly holds her hands in mine and continues, "First impressions have to be the best, hence sweat pants and a hoodie won't do". What? I was feeling cold but that is far from the type of outfits you would usually see me in. I was speechless.

" Mom, maybe you should assure yourself that Hope actually wants to tag along before making her change..." Ethan tells his mother with a warm smile. "You're right Ethan" She looks at me "Sorry sweetie, would you like to come to church with us?" She coos at me.

"A lot has been going on in my mind lately..." I start. I notice the mood of the room suddenly drops so I waste no time to continue." So maybe hearing the word of God is what I need to fill the void in my heart," I say with a reassuring smile. "Great! Now you better get changed!" Mrs Gregor beams at me.
"And make it quick please," Mr Gregor says before glancing down at his wrist watch while tapping his foot on the wooden floor continuously.

============================
This is my first book, hope you are enjoying it so far. Please leave a comment if there is something that needs to be improved. Don't forget to vote.  BTW, this book is inspired by "Hope's Journey" by blessedgal123, so please don't copy it! Thank you and God bless u!❤❤❤❤