Journey into the past

Ethan's POV;

"I love you no matter what you look like but did you have to wear 'the usual'..." Mrs Gregor points out at Mr Gregor as she rolls her eyes at him before flashing him a smile. "Well, its not easy to showcase my killer dance moves in a fancy suit" Mr Gregor replies spitting out the last part. Mrs Gregor sternly glances at his outfit, he wore a white long sleeve shirt, black jeans and black sneakers, and then smiles. "It may not be the best you could pick, but you definitely make it work," she says as she gently nudges him with a smirk plastered on her face. "I wish I could say the same about you and your outfit..." Mr Gregor says with a playful smirk as he takes a quick glance at the blue long sleeved ankle length flared dress, that hid a pair of white stilettoes, Mrs Gregor wore. A gasp is all that escaped from Mrs Gregor's mouth before their chat erupted into a childish squabble.

I couldn't help but smile at the scene before my gaze suddenly shifted to Hope. Gracefully, she sat watching the clouds go by, her eyes glistened in the sunlight making that 'spark' more evident in her eyes. That spark was hope.

There are countless reasons why I admire Hope and the main reason is for her irrevocable faith. You see....Hope did not always live with us, in fact, we have no blood relation. My family, the Gregor's, and hers, the Fule's, were very close friends ever since high school. Our parents, grew up in the same town, Goldersville, attended the same high school, Einsteins Bay College, that Hope and I attend to this day as well. As they grew, they never lost touch with each other no matter which continent fate drifted them to until they reunited back here, in their town of origin. Life was perfect, they got married and had kids, Hope and I. Hope is a stellar students with good grades and a respectable social status, and so am I.

Hope's parent worked as social workers for Good Hope International and always had to travel to various countries, delivering their services to the less fortunate. Hope being a student was obliged to stay behind in order to focus on her studies, so she would live with us when her parents weren't available. This is how we really started to bond and now we are inseparable, literally! Why do I say that? You see...

Fate took a detour away from the road to happiness as Hope's parents cruise ship to Hagarland, where they were going on their next mission, capsized as a result of a horrible storm in the Atlantic Ocean....It was confirmed that there were no survivors and the day Hope received the dreadful news...she was never the same again... Her other relatives lived too far from her and moving her to a whole new surrounding would cause more harm than good so after a lot of legal involvement, she became a part of the Gregor household and now we will live together for as long as necessary.

I continue to stare at her. What makes her so special? You may ask...Well, it's the fact that despite her drastic change of events for the worse, Hope has not lost all hope, she may have lost a lot of it, but still retains enough to make a change...a great one...

Hope suddenly looks at me and smiles warmly, that 'spark' still evident in her brown almond eyes, I return the smile.
"I must protect her by all costs, and help her on her journey back to complete happiness," I thought

Hope's POV;

As I smile at Ethan, I fight the urge to tell him what has been on my mind ever since the beginning of this journey but finally give in. "Ethan?". " Yeah?"he responds in the gentlest tone still keeping a smile on his face. "I didn't want to say anything, but...I'm not familiar with this road. Is this a different route to my church?" I say with a perplexed look on my face.
Ethan suddenly rubs his nape as a result of  nervousness.
"Dad?..." He slowly erupts.
Mr Gregor sighs deeply," Hope, I'm sorry but...our business has not been blooming as much this season and we are going on a budget cut so...as a result...you have to attend our church from now on..." I feel my eyes begin to fill with tears, the thought of not being able to see my parents again, saddened me but now I can't see my church mates, my favourite pastor, Pastor Love Judah, and basically the church surroundings demolished me!!! The flood gates just opened and behold...I was crying, Mr Gregor must have noticed my remorse because he suddenly continued," But knowing my God, our situation will surely improve and when it does, you will be able to attend Faith Foundation Ministries once again, okay?" He say before flashing me a reassuring smile through the front view mirror. I sigh gently as a flood of relief consoles me, "things will get better...." I thought as I returned the smile.

I turn to look at Ethan. And behold! Gleaming white dents blind me as Ethan smiles brightly at me before flashing me a wink," But for now..."he trails off.
"Welcome to God's Rangers Ministries!!!" Mr Gregor, Mrs Gregor and Ethan say simultaneously with a smile before the car comes to sudden halt.

I look out the car window as we enter a white gate that joins a red bricked stop nonsense fence together. My eyes widen in awe as I view my surrounding...

============================
Chapter 2! How did I do? Tell me in the comments and please leave a vote too!!! God bless u!!!💗❤❤