chapter one: start

𝐊𝐄𝐘
[ ✉ ] - in game (chat requests)
[ 💌 ] - in game (narration)
[ 📨 ] - status notification
[ 🕊 ] - in game texts

[ ⌛️ ] - hourglass (more) — [ ⏳ ] - hourglass (less)

[ 🔮 ] - magic (given)
[ 🥀 ] - curse (given)
[ 🌺 ] - gift (given)

[ 💕 ] - like — [ 💞 ] - love

"you need to download the app, pleaseee, i need to talk about these hot boys with someone." your friend pleaded through the phone.

you sigh in defeat, finally giving in. she has been bugging you to download some otome game called, 'paradox' for the past few days.

"fine, but if it's horrible and the guys are ugly i'll delete it."

"it isn't horrible i promise, and the guys are realllyyy cute in the game."

"i'll text you after i play it, okay?"

"you better."

you end the call and open the app store, looking up the app. you find the app pretty quickly because of it's stark differences from the other otome games.

the icon is a plain white clock with a black background and the preview pictures didn't even show any of the love interests. the pictures are just screenshots of some chats and strange quotes with clocks on them.

no wonder only forty people have played it.

currently it's 3 AM for you but you don't care for sleep. besides, talking to (hopefully) hot fictional guys does sound appealing.

once the app finishes downloading you tap on the icon to open it. a notification pops up and tells you that you have to update the app first.

isn't the update supposed to go along with downloading it? stupid phone.

you go back to the app store and press update. within a few seconds the app is updated and you open it.

your screen turns black for a second before fading out to reveal a boy with green hair, eyes, and a pale complexion.

꒰ 💌 ꒱

"do you have any pictures of you as a baby?" the green haired boy asks while scanning your room again only to find no pictures of little you.

"i think they are in the attic, i'm not sure.." you answer, not paying much mind to him as you continue to play on your phone.

the boy lets out a huff and jumps on you, crushing you with his body weight. "i want to see them, let's go to the attic and find them," he insists.

"fine! just get off of me first," you exclaim, roughly pushing off the boy who is two times your size. the freckled boy gets off of you quickly, he was practically bouncing from excitement. you weren't sure what he was so excited about. both of you were just going to find your baby pictures.

once you stood up your friend was pulling you out of the door and urging you to lead you both to the attic. you never understood how he could be so energetic all the time.

"izuku, can you pull the string? i can't reach it."

the boy does so without objection. a short staircase appears before the two of you when pulling the string. you enter first with izuku following after.