vi.

zhavia laid down against the warm sun, her back was against the ground as she closed her eyes for a moment of peace. the gaang had decided to stop in a forest, close to a nearby village, so that appa could take a break from flying them towards the north pole.

it was also nice because they were all able to stretch their legs after hours of flying. momo's familiar squeaks brought her out of her trance as she sat up.

aang seemed to think the same thing, as he jumped to a standing position and started to look around, "where's momo?"

"it sounds like he's in that direction." zhavia answered, pointing over towards the right where she heard the lemur crying.

they all walked towards that direction, and finally the noise seemed as if it were right where they stood— but no momo was in sight. it was in the middle of a forest full of red trees, and zhavia smiled at the sight of the gorgeous forest around her. she never was one to pay a lot of attention to nature, but the beauty outside of the firenation never ceased to put her in awe.

looking up, aang grinned as he began to airbend upwards to remove momo from the fire nation trap. up in the trees zhavia noticed a few animal traps, and she frowned a bit at the sight.

"how do we open this?" katara mumbled, looking at the cage aang had lowered. her eyes narrowed a bit as she recognized the trap.

"just pull it apart." she suggested, gesturing to the sides. it looked as if it would works and it did. they followed what she said, and momo jumped out with his berries.

more cries were heard from above them, and aang sighed, "alright, you too." he began. he went to free the two other animals who had been trapped above them.

sokka then rolled his eyes and pulled out his boomerang, "this is gonna take forever." he mumbled, before tossing his boomerang up and slicing it though the ropes of the other cages. zhavia let out an impresses hum, still distracted as she walked over to one of the traps that fell.

zhavia then bent down next to one of the traps, "these are fire nation traps. that means there must be a camp nearby." she realized, turning back to inform the others. sokka's eyes nearly bulged out of his head as he immediately began pacing.

"then we have to pack up camp and get moving." sokka sternly ordered, and started heading back to where the group left appa earlier. the others followed behind him, all remaining quiet as they reached their site. his dramatics weren't anything new, and they all knew he was right in that they needed to leave.

so when they walked back to the campsite, zhavia began helping aang and katara move their sleeping bags and supplies onto appa's saddle.

as they were loading them on, sokka immediately shook his head and ran over. "uh uh, no flying this time." he argued.

zhavia scrunched her eyebrows a bit as she sent him a questioning glance. not that she was complaining, considering she absolutely hated flying, but that was their main source of transportation.

"what? why wouldn't we fly?" aang then asked, sliding onto appa's head.

"think about it, somehow prince zuko and the fire nation keep finding us. it's because they spot appa! he's just too noticeable." sokka went on to explain. his argument was right, in zhavia's opinion, because it was hard to disguise a flying bison in the sky.

"what? appa's not too noticeable." katara defended, pointing to appa.

"he's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head! it's kind of hard to miss him." sokka pointed out. appa, seeming to have understood sokka's remarks, turned to the male water tribe member and let out a growl.