V

The Red Scarves have planned this attack to be a success, there was no dought about it. They had planned this assault precisely at this time. Why? You might reasonably ask, it was to break the back of the Kovenant and break through their defensive line. The Red Scarves were doing to same elsewhere and in other zones of the battlefield. Sector 4 was holding strong, however the Kovenant forces there were being pushed back, inch by bloody inch. Meanwhile, the Red Scarves have also been busy assaulting Western Verdun with whatever they had, they had been assaulting that place with the use of Dante's machines... The God Machines. Certainly, Dante was not joking when he said that he would unleash the full power of the Red Scarf Mechanicus upon the Kovenant forces stationed there and on all other sectors.

The Frumentarii have done their duty well, they had not only managed to sabotage the Kovenant AA batteries and Artillery at Central Verdun, but they have also killed two Regimental Commanders and their command staff, but they have also succeeded in sabotaging the Kovenant communications with all sectors and warzones, this had the effect of effectively isolating the Kovenant forces. Lessening the burden placed upon the Legions sent to make their assaults happen.

The Legion assigned to make the assault upon Central Verdun were ready. They consisted of Veteran Legionnaires both Penal and Traitor alike. This men have fought upon many worlds and they have seen many triumphs and victories, many of whom had been in the Legion for more than a decade and they were proud of that fact, they concidered it to be their sacred duty.

As the bombers made their continued bombing runs. The Red Scarves made ready to continue the assault. They had every intention of making it happen. They wanted and needed to break through the enemy lines. The Kovenant forces here need to be pushed back whatever the cost. The Red Scarves have already been briefed about this and so have done the necessary preparations, they plan to make the assault using a deadly armored spearhead, led by rocket tanks and Armored Legionnary transports. As those vehicles would lead the assault, Penal Legionnaires followed by Red Scarf Traitor Legionnares.

They plan for a rapid break through, where the armor would rush in and exploit any and all weak points along the entire length of their offensive lines. The infantry would follow up to occupy the former Kovenant trenches and fortify it to resist any and all Kovenant counterattacks. The Red Scarves made use of intelligence gathered from behind the enemy lines, they knew that the Kovenant has extra Regiments and elements of the Panzer corps waiting behind the main line of trenches. For this reason, a weakness of the Kovenant defenses would have to be exploited by Dante's machines.

"Make ready, get your weapons loaded and your eyes sharp!" Shouted one of the Centurian. He then turned to look at a group of Penal Legionnaires and said to them
"Penal Legionnaires! Prepare to make your honorable stand with your brethren, the Traitor Legionnaires!" He shouted.

The Centurian was joined by lesser Centurians and others of equal rank and they started to brief their individual units about the current objectives. Each Centurian explaining the details of the operation to their Cohort.

However, it was only right and proper that the Veteran soldiers of the 1st Cohort should lead the offensive. They consisted of purely Veteran soldiers and they were brought into its ranks. This were men who have seen it, fought it and had likely already killed it. The first Cohort was different from other cohorts in that they were purely made of Veteran soldiers, usually drawn from already existing cohorts in the Legion. Thus insuring that the entire Cohort was ready, willing and able to perform any the hardest of combat operations under pressure. The 1st Cohort was odd that way and each Legion was expected to have one.

As beffiting their stature and their experiences after decades of war and service, high command has chosen them to lead the Legion to victory. This 1st Cohort in particular belongs to the men of the 15th Legion, supported by the 11th Legion and the 5th staying behind as a reserve force should thr situation require it. They needed to make sure victory was achieved here.