𝐎𝐍𝐄.

poppy was standing in the kitchen of tia's parents flat, staring into her cup as dimples rambled on about something that had happened at school the previous day that had annoyed her, when the loud, roust group of boys walked into the flat, joining...

poppy was standing in the kitchen of tia's parents flat, staring into her cup as dimples rambled on about something that had happened at school the previous day that had annoyed her, when the loud, roust group of boys walked into the flat, joining tia's fifteenth birthday party that had been going on for a few hours.

dimples stopped herself and scoffed at the boys presence, explaining that 'those boys are dickheads and nothing but trouble' making poppy laugh lightly at her friend, who seemed to be annoyed with everything all the time.

they continued their conversation for a little while longer before poppy excused herself to go to the toilet.

poppy had just flushed the toilet when the door handle rattled, scaring her half to death, she opened the door after quickly washing her hands, not expecting to see her friend moses.

"moses you scared the shit out of me!" poppy exclaimed, pulling the boy into a hug, "how've you been?" she asked, knowing the boys living situation.

"i'm alright pop, how're you?" he asked leaning against the wall in the small hallway, smiling at the girl he saw as family, in front of him.

"good, claire's back because mum dipped again but you know, the usual" she explained.

the two made small conversation after moses had gone to the toilet, slowly moving back to the kitchen that she was previously in.

the pair were sat on the worktop, speaking about how her little sister and her two best friends were trying to get their new nicknames (probs, mayhem and chaos) to catch on causing moses to snort with laughter, when some of his friends had come in.

"alright moses?" the one with the woolly hat had asked.

"yeah, i'm alright" he replied, causing an air of awkward silence to linger as poppy stared at her drink, not noticing the two boys that had entered gesturing to her with their eyes, waiting for moses to introduce them.

"oh- um poppy this is pest and dennis" he started, gesturing between the three, "and this is poppy"

"hiya" she spoke, examine the two boys in front of her, before glancing at the clock on the wall behind them noticing the time, "moses, i'm gonna go, gotta make a phone call."

she jumped off of the counter she was sitting on, putting her plastic cup in the bin, before saying bye to the two boys she'd just met.

she went to tia's room and pulled out her phone, dialling the number of her little sister, who had been recently using her old phone. she sat on the bed picking st her nails as the phone rang in her ear. not receiving an answer she tried again. again with no answer, she called her auntie claire, who had answered and told her that krystal wasn't in, then asking poppy to go out and look for her, causing the pair to have a small argument about how unfair it was that poppy has to be responsible and claire going on about how she had to work early the next day to put food on the table for the two kids that she could barely afford already, causing poppy to agree and feel extremely guilty that her aunt had to become their legal guardian because their mother had split.