chapter 10

i don't own this or hp

Chapter 10.

31 July 1992.

True to Harry's words, the next day was indeed a fucked up day. All across the British Wizarding World, the early morning was in an uproar. People, who were drowsy, fully awaken once they laid their eyes on the newspaper. Just as the people perusing the newspaper, they got one of the most bombshell news of their lives. Most of the Daily Prophet's paper was covered and littered with titles on Harry Potter. There were images of him, details and articles regarding him. Quibbler was no different as it was fully packed about Harry Potter.

HARRY POTTER, BROTHER TO THE BOY-WHO-LIVED BRINGS PUDDLEMERE UNITED TO THE FINAL!

THE YOUNGEST QUIDDITCH PLAYER EVER RECORDED IN THE HISTORY!

UNEXPECTED QUIDDITCH PERFORMANCE FROM A FOURTEEN YEAR OLD BOY!

And, the articles from various writers harped on and on...

They specified more often than not on how Harry intervened in the game and altered it upside down, how Harry was the sole reason why Puddlemere won the game that night, how he sacrificed his arm for victory, full description of the matches, etc. That day it was the talk of Harry Potter in the British Wizarding World, children, teenagers and adults, all alike. People who were not fascinated and enamored by Quidditch, even conversed about an extraordinary feet of a fourteen year old boy, whom was so young, but now playing for Puddlemere United, a professional Quidditch team. It was that day everyone recognized the name Harry Potter. The boy's fame spread like a wildfire at such fast rate in just one day.

In Diagon Alley, those who knew Harry Potter as little Harry were astonished to spot the image of the boy they once knew in a newspaper, the same adorable little boy that scurried around and doing many errands for the sellers in Diagon Alley. They were astounded because he was playing Quidditch in the professional level, however, the shock didn't equal to the last one when they realized his last name was actually Potter, it merely escalated the feeling to a further extent. This was something that swept them off their feet, completely bowled over by the news.

Because of that piece of news, some forgot to put an 'Open' sign in their own shop windows as they zoned off about their little Harry. And that day, people were bewildered as to why most shops in Diagon Alley were closed and to that day was where businesses weren't really successful. Even the famous Leaky Cauldron was shut as both landlord and landlady of the place were too consumed on their thoughts concerning little Harry. Thankfully, the situations were solved once they shook out of their daze and properly opened their shops, though it was reported on noon at that time of the day.

Minerva McGonagall, along with a few of her colleagues, was having a peaceful breakfast in the Great Hall.

Additionally, Filius Flitwick and Pomona Sprout were there as well. Most of the staff vacated Hogwarts during summer, taking care of their 'stuff'. It was one of these days that McGonagall wasn't too stressed in dealing with troublesome students. No roguish students were around in Hogwarts during the summer. She didn't have to erect her best stern expression all the time. She was sipping her black coffee serenely, awfully relaxed. The arrival of Dumbledore and the headmaster occupied his customary seat next to her, she didn't heed it. The sound of owls flocking their wings, shipping the newspapers to them, she disregarded it. Sniffing the aroma of coffee in the morning, she allowed a tiny smile worked its way to her lips, a smile that normal people fail to spot, even if they try their best to see it.

She transferred her attention to the newspaper that was in Dumbledore's hands. Mildly slurping her coffee, her eyes wandered the headline, absently marveling what nonsense propaganda Daily Prophet wrote this time. Validating the title, she bobbed her head calmly. Closing her eyes fully, she continued to drink her coffee with the tiny smile was still there. In such a slow pace, her brain processed and processed yet again. It clicked to her in an abrupt fashion. Opening her eyes instantaneously, she swiftly inspected the headline again. Eyes popped, she spewed out all of her coffee on Dumbledore's face, tainting the headmaster's white robe, white hat and white beard with black. Her favorite precious student was on Daily Prophet!