Dead Ends

"This is ridiculous." Jonathan shook his head, "I'm not speaking to anyone." He said, sitting in an interview room with two cops sitting across from him, "I haven't done anything." He said.

"We have evidence." Jenkins said, "Your client, Jo? You remember him from not so long ago?" He asked as Jon just glared across at him, "You voiced for him, got him out of a murder sentence."

"He was set up." Jon said simply.

"Mhm… maybe." Jenkins nodded, "But we got scope on what you were up to, leading up to the case. We've got word and evidence on a few deals you made." He said as Jon looked across at him, "Ring any bells?" He asked, sliding over the picture that had been sneakily taken as Jon looked at it.

He did feel guilt. He knew what he had done was wrong by paying for one of Jo's dodgy friends to come forward and testify, but what he was more interested in, was who had taken the picture? Who was following him? And watching him?

"What you see here, is me paying a man for fixing my car." Jon said.

"The same man who then testified on behalf of your client a few weeks later?" Jenkins smirked a little.

"He testified because he had something to say. I didn't pay him to testify. I paid him for changing the tyres on my car and giving it a service." Jon said, "So… I don't know who was taking these pictures. Illegally, might I add. Without my consent, but they've got the wrong idea." He said, looking across at them, "Can I leave now?" He asked them.

"Not yet." Jenkins shook his head, "We're still looking into it. Until someone bails you out, then you're staying here." He said, standing up and shuffling his folders together, "You'll be able to contact your lawyer soon." He said.

"Can I contact my girlfriend? She has no idea what is going on. You just came into my house and arrested me."

"Because we had a reason to." Jenkins said, "You can speak to your girlfriend when you've been bailed out." He said, opening up the room door and nodding to an officer outside the door to take Jon back to the remand wing.
_

________________________________________

"Slow down. Slow down." Grace shook her head, sitting on the couch in Sage and Jon's living room as Sage tried to explain everything to her while Dean stood listening also, holding Kye in his arms while Kash was asleep on his mat. Renee was working and Bella was at daycare, so Dean and Grace darted straight over to the house once Sage had contacted them to let them know what was going on.

"So you don't know why they came and arrested Jonathan?" Dean asked, bouncing Kye in his arms lightly.

"No." Sage shook her head, still shocked and confused and completely worried, "No, they just said it was… something to do with court, misconduct or something." Sage shook her head, "Could it be serious?" She wondered.

"Anything Jonathan has done, he would have told you." Grace said with confidence, "He'll get out and it'll be cleared up. I'm sure of it." She said, trying to calm her own self down, "Now what's this about you being pushed down the stairs?" She asked, "Do you know who it was?"

"No. No I just… I remembered last night. I remember someone coming up behind me and pushing me. But… me and Jonathan think that they might have also called the ambulance because the neighbour next door didn't actually call." She said.