5. What about him?

"Mom , stooopppp , it's nothing like that." I sighed for god knows how many times tonight.

Ever since I've gotten home from hanging out with Aiden at the mall , mom has been asking me gazillion of questions about how  I truly feel about him , about what we were doing , or if I think he's handsome. Aren't we pass this since years ago?

"Oh , come on Ava! Don't you think it's time?" Mom said while pulling my hand to face her.

"Uh-huh defitnitely , go get your man Ava." said Ben mockingly supporting my mom.

Not right now Ben.

"First of all , I don't need a man to live. Secondly , it's Aiden we're talking about! He was my- i mean is my best friend! Mom, I don't like him that way." I whined while walking upstairs to head to my room.

"Honey , I know he used to be your best friend and I know you guys haven't been in contact for so long and honestly I'm just happy you guys are sorting things out to get close again. But you know that he's a really good man right? He really likes you , Ava. Don't you think you should give him a chance honey? I'm not saying right now of course , but at least think about it?" 

I stopped in my tracks right after I heard mom basically pleading me in a tone that broke my heart but I kept my face straight. 

"Okay. I will , I promise. I'm going to bed , everyone. Goodnight , mom." I half smiled and started pacing upstairs to my room and locked the door once I was in. 

"God...." I grunted quietly because I wouldn't want mom to hear that.

I jumped on my bed and burried my face in one of my pillows.

Why must things be so damn complicated?

"Hey..can I get in?" Ben said while knocking softly.

It took me a few seconds to get up and finally opened the door for him.

"Yo , what's up? Is there something going on with that whole speech your mom said just now? Are you okay though?" Ben asked while plopping himself on my bed with me.

"Yeah , I'm fine. It's just a little tiring to carry this guilt everywhere sometimes."

"What do you mean? You wanna tell me bitch? Spill the tea , hot."

"There is indeed something going on with the speech but not right now , I'm super tired today. Can we talk about this someday else please?" I yawned right after that , leading me to rub my watery eyes.

"I was excited for that tea but fine , you look drained as hell. Get your beauty sleep , princess. I'm going to sleep too then." said Ben as he gave me a flying kiss. We made the guest room as Ben's temporary bedroom for as long as he's staying here because mom wanted to make him feel as welcomed as possible. 

"You wanna sleep here? Come on , I'm sad right now , need me some companion." I pouted.

"Thought you'd never asked." said Ben while rolling his eyes dramatically. He started walking to my bathroom to get himself ready for bed.

As I was left alone, I let my eyes wandered across the ceiling , mom's words keep rolling in my head repetively causing me to close my eyes and sighed one last time for the night. There is so much to think about , but none of the "so much" consisted any of my feelings , shocker. A notification bell came through and I took my phone from my nightstand.

"I had a wonderful evening today with you , Ava. Thank you for that. Goodnight you chocolate monsterr. :) -aiden"

I stared at the message for a while and put away my phone when Ben entered the room and switched off the lights along his way to bed.