Chapter 8

Akaashi and Bokuto started dating, it was still quite awkward for them since they were just best friends last week. Both of them had went through a difficult time. Since they both ended up staying in that little forest house Bokuto's family owned they technically moved in together. Akaashi's mother came by every weekend to see how her son was doing. She was currently working since Akaashi's father was in rehab for a year.

"Koutarou!! Wake up!" Akaashi called, Bokuto acts more like his son than his boyfriend. The sweet smell of buttered toast and fried egg suffocated Bokuto's nose as he effortlessly stirred awake, stomach growling straight away. He came down the spiral stairs and headed for the bathroom to wash up. They acted like a married couple and that thought rang around Akaashi's mind making him smile. He then felt a warm pair of arms around his waist and a oft head against his shoulder. "The only good thing about today is that I get to see you every morning and night" Bokuto said hummingly to Keiji as his put the fried egg onto plates.

"Come on Kou-san, we've gotta eat and get dressed for school."

"School!?"

"Yes..? It's Monday."

"Ahhh!! I didn't do my maths homework!!"

Akaashi sighed and told Bokuto to sit down and eat, Akaashi was light so he only ate some jam toast. He then went up to get dressed and look for their bags. "Kou! Which one is it?"

"Algebra~~" he called back.

Of course.

Akaashi finished some questions for him before putting it in his folder that went in his bag. Alongside their duffle bags including their tracksuits for practice.

The time was now 7:40 which was time to leave.
Bokuto came down in his uniform by that time.

"Akaaashiii!! I don't have any gel left🥺"
Ah, he didn't have any gel to spike his hair. The time was ticking fast.

"It's okay, you don't have to.."

"It looks weird!!"

"I..i don't think so.."
Well that definitely gave Bokuto an energy boost. He kissed Akaashi's forehead and took his bag off him and replaced it with his hand. Sudden movements like this always made Akaashi blush. Only a few moths ago he was crying over this guy and now they're holding hands? It was a dream come true. He wished to do more but... baby steps Keiji.. Baby steps!

The got to the school doors and walked around to the gym for morning practice. Akaashi took a moment, he had missed this. He hadn't been to morning practice a lot since of his issue but it was all fixed so it's okay.

Both Bokuto and Akaashi let go of eachother before they went inside the gym. They wanted it to be a surprise for the team.

The got inside and went towards the changing rooms to change. They were the first ones there; but they just began changing into their white shorts and cotton navy blue shirts. While closing his back, Akaashi picked up a leaflet.

"Bokuto-san.. when's the school cultural festival?" He asked, looking over the leaflet which was now in his hand.

"I think it's in 3 weeks time, school council are going to start it today I'm sure!"

"Ahh, okay." That was the last thing he said while putting the leaflet in his school bag and leaving the changing rooms, Bokuto followed straight after not wondering a thing.