The call-up

Hello everyone, nice to know that you want to read my story. The updates won't be regular because I have college.  All kinds of positive feedback is welcome. English is not my first language, there could be some mistakes in the chapters. If you find some mistakes and you want to report them back to me, please do so in a private message. 

Chapter 1: The call-up

End of February 2015

A phone rings....

Ring.....ring....ring....ring...ring..

A person is sighing. A hand reaches into a backpack, while another hand is trying to open a door with the keys. The person, who is being called, is a short around 1.62m or 5'3 women. She is wearing her after-training clothes. These consists of nice black shoes, some pair of jeans, a red and black squared blouse and at last she wears a black beanie-hat. If she isn't in her training clothes or some form of sports clothes, she will wear nice pair of pants and a blouse. When she opens her phone, she looks confused because she doesn't know the number.

"Bizarre, je n'attendais personne." she muttered with a confused look on her face. When she accepts the call, she doesn't recognize the voice. The friendly sounding voice has a soft British accent, while sounding professionally. Lisa opens the door, steps inside and stands still. She is still thinking about the person who is calling her, because she clearly doesn't know the person. Weird, I expected no one.

"Hello Lisa Armstrong. You are speaking with Jill Ellis, the coach of the national women football team of the United States. I would like to call you up to the team for the Algarve Cup." The other voice, Jill Ellis, says. Lisa is surprised by the call because she did not expect anyone from the United States to 1. notice her and 2. to pay attention to the European Women Leagues.

"Dear miss Ellis, first of all thank you for the call up. Next to the USA, I am able to represent Scotland and France. Why should I choose to represent the USA and don't you have other players in mind?" She answers back with deep interest of what the reply will be. She dumps her bag on a couch, sits next to her bag and runs a hand through her short curly red hair that peeks out of beanie hat. Both sides of her head is nearly shaved only very short hair are left. While on top of her head, her hair is longer.

"That is indeed a great question. I believe you have a lot of potential and the other player that I could have called up is injured and not as young as you. You will bring new and fresh energy into the team, it will probably inspire and challenge the other players. Furthermore, you have shown that you are ready to compete in international level. You play regularly as a starter at Olympique Lyon. You already have so much high level playing experience, also at Linköping. You played against some international USA players in Sweden. Yes, I do believe you have the talent, experience and the knowledge to be able to certainly play at the Algarve Cup and possibly at the World Cup." She explains with valuable arguments. Lisa thinks for a moment to consider her answer, because this could change her live. Sort of.

"Look Jill, I will take this opportunity, because it is a one of a lifetime opportunity to play for a world class women football country. The fact that I know that it is a world class female team says a lot because I don't follow the women football competition except my league which I play in. Next to that, it would be a honor to represent a national team."

"Thank you Lisa, to accept my call up for the team. We will come together for camp at the end of February and it lasts at least till 11 March. During this camp we have three games, there will be a big possibility that you make your debut. That way I can see you play with the team and excess if you are at the level of the squad that is needed for the World Cup." Jill explains.