Extended Summary + Playlist

Summary

Summary

Nazadori never expected to be queen of Omashu. Never in a million years did she imagine her city would want her to be the next queen after their beloved King Bumi died. Yes, she had been working her way up in the government to where she was one of King Bumi's closest allies and confidants. But she never imagined that she would become queen after he died after living a long life full of bravery and honor.

Being thrown into the duties and roles of the queen, Nazadori took everything in stride. Her past as a teenage delinquent was brought up many times, and people questioned her authority as a young woman in a time of male leadership, but she kept her head above the waves. She was raised by the strongest woman she knew, and she taught the young Nazadori how to defend oneself with words. She also learned how to defend herself physically by her older siblings, but that was beside the point. Though she was surprised, she was ready to be queen.

The first thing Nazadori did when she was tasked with managing the government was create a council that would watch over her decisions and check her balance of power against the people she was going to rule over. She asked for four people to be on the council, one from each nation of the world. That meant that Avatar Aang was going to be on the council as the Air Nomad diplomat, the same Avatar that brought peace to the world after ending the Hundred Year War. 

Avatar Aang was like a sweet breeze in the council, but she saw deep sadness presiding over his decisions. She remembered how Bumi talked about him endlessly, wondering when he would come and visit before he traveled to the other side. As the days went on, Nazadori befriended the Avatar and learned his side of the story. And from there, love blossomed between the two. It was something Nazadori had never felt before.

For once in her life, she didn't feel alone. And it didn't seem like Avatar Aang felt alone anymore, either. But sometimes the greatest loves were meant to fizzle out just as soon as it started, leaving the people better off than they ever had been before. Queen Nazadori and Avatar Aang were like a whirlwind, there and gone in just a moment. But the ripples of their love would be felt for centuries to come.

Playlist

suitcase by before you exit; "when the sun comes up, you know that i'll be leaving. but tonight, let's spend it staring at the moon, trying to pack away these seconds i keep stealing."

fixed by new hope club; "i'm a shipwreck waiting for you. you're the rock that stopped me going anywhere."

red desert by 5 seconds of summer; "i've been asleep so long, i'm so far away. visions i see are strong, i hear what they say."

mountains by new rules; "when you lie with me like this, you make it so hard to leave. so far to fall, don't let me go unless you come with me."

satellite by shane harper; "i know it's cold, but you're not frozen. keep your walls from closin'. it's not what you want."

fairy tale by we three; "i know that time has numbered my breaths, but i want you there when i breathe my last. your beauty is as beauty was. you'll always be the one i love."

it's always been you by sophie simnett and thomas doherty; "suddenly you're standing there like a breath of air, you're everywhere."

lovely by fly by midnight (feat. betty who); "mountains between us, fighting them now. the moment is fleeting, i can't slow it down."

find you by ruelle; "like the wind that cries, i can feel you in the night. a distant lullaby underneath the shattered sky."

parachutes by clide; "we might not know when we'll hit the ground, out of control but just don't look down.  'cause for a moment, we're in the clouds. we could hold on and pretend we'll make it out."

fire by devon werkheiser; "all i am is a fire, i am here to inspire."

into the storm by banners; "where the wind may blow, through night and dark, through fantasies that fall apart, know you're always in my heart."

stone by jaymes young; "so give me all your pain, and love will set you free."

Rights belong to Nickelodeon and the creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender

Rights belong to Nickelodeon and the creators of Avatar: The Last Airbender. I only own Nazadori, her family, and her story.