The Unknown Brother

I was sitting in the mess chatting with my friends when their was an announcement over the microphone.
"Vartika,Grade 10 please report to the sister's office." It was weird to be called in the office because I was a decent girl,also got a prefect batch and topper of St.Xavier's convent school,Nainital.
We just gave our board exams and were enjoying the break before entering grade 11.

"Where are you lost Vartika?" My bestie Maira said." Didn't  you hear the announcement?"

"Oh sorry! I think i zoned out again, I will be back." I said and started walking towards the office.

Since i was in a convent boarding school in nainital the principle was known as sister. Our teachers were mostly nuns.
I reached at the office door and knocked twice before entering.

Firstly I saw Sister Sebastina, our principal who greeted me with a warm smile. Next I saw the manager and the Father of the school. They both were dressed in white gowns. I suspected something weird because they were generally in the Church and not in the school premises.
Yes ,our school had a beautiful church which i often went to with my friends before an important test.

"Vartika! Are tou listening ?" Sr.Seb called out.Oh no, i think i zoned out once again. I am a lot like that.

"I am sorry Sister,Can you repeat?" I asked with a grin. We were very friendly. She was like a motherly figure to me.

"Sit."

I took a seat in front of her desk it was then i noticed a man in his late 20's sitting on the black couch near the window.
He looked handsome and tidy. He had a beard and an impressive height. He was scrolling through his I phone when  he looked at me and gave me a sweet smile.
I returned him the smile.

"Meet Mr. Neil saxena."

I turned towards him and said " Hello. Nice to meet you...Sir."

"Hi I am happy...."

" Wait a minute, are you the famous Indian Cricketer "The Neil Saxena." I burst out surprised to see him here.

"Vartika!" Shouted Sr. Sebastina

" Its okay Ma'am." He addressed to the sister and looked back to me.
"Yes I am ' The Neil Saxena' Captain of the Indian Cricket team and i also own some side businesses. " He chuckled at my excitement.

" Its my pleasure to meet you sir."

Vartika,sweety you must be wondering why i called you here. " Sr. Seb started.
Me.Neil came here for a very special reason that relates you...."

"Me?"

She passed me a meaningful glare stating she was not pleased with me interrupting her. I mumbled a sorry.

"Yes you. As you know you started studying here on donation  by an unknown person who never felt it important to reveal her name for her good deeds though its a different thing that you got scholarship later on. She paused for a moment and then continued  " And tou been here with us since you were 3. I still remember the day when you came to take admission in kindergarden." She smiled softly remembering the old days. You didn't knew anything about your parents back then and so it is now." She paused waiting for my reaction.

When I made sure she had finished and expected me to speak I spoke " But shy are you reminding me of what i already know." I spoke humbly but annoyed.

" Because that's not the entire truth." She replied.

" What do you mean?"

" You are not an orphan as you thought.  You have a family and..."

"And...?"

"Mr.Neil is your elder brother."

"What!?"

I was completely shocked by the recent revelation rhat was going to change my entire my life.

(A/N : Hey Guys ! I hope you like the story . Here's  the dirst chapter for those who haven't read before and I don't know Why but I am reposting it owing to the fact that I got a lot of requests from my favorite readers.
Enjoy!)