Back to Home

"So what you are trying to say is that you're leaving forever?"My roommate Harshita asked.

"Well that's what i understood."I mumbled my eyes still on packing bags.

"But why?"

"I am telling you for the sixth time that my brother came to take me."I slightly raised my voice with frustration.

All the girls in the room along with my roommate looked at me wide eyed.

"Girls believe me it was not my decision,I have to go."I said while i finished packing.

They all gave me a group hug and i looked at my room for one last time and left.

He was waiting for me at the parking lot.I went their nervously rolling my 2 suitcase behind me.He offered to help by extending his hand towards the bags but i shrugged.He was offended but i didn't care.The driver opened the backseat and offered his hand as if i was a princess .I ignored him and sat myself.I knew he was looking at me .

The driver and him sat in the front seat.After about 1 hour of driving we reached the airport.I was more than surprised to see a private jet in front of me.but i didn't say anything just sat in the seat that was farthest from my brother according to my calculations.The air hostess came to check twice if i needed anything but i politely refused.The flight landed after 3 hours and after a short drive we reached in front of a huge building.It was more of a society with many apartments.We went to the 20th floor through a lift and entered an apartment.

"Welcome home ,sis"Neil said.

I didn't reply.I was busy wondering why such a rich  cricketer lived in an apartment.No doubt it was spacious,large and well decorated but still i was sure he earned much more than that.

"Freshen up,Relax,Do whatever you want.I will call you for dinner."He said while showing me my room and left.

I kept my bags near the bedpost and started checking the bathroom.That was the most important thing for me wherever i went.Though i din't go much anywhere except some school trips.

The bathroom was small but accommodated  with a bath tub and shower on one side and toilet on other.Their was a large basin and mirror in the middle .Then i checked the room which had a queen sized bed[that was the best it could accommodate] near the door.Their were large glass windows  that led to a balcony just opposite the bed.Near the balcony was a study table which was  made of oak wood.In the corner was a television.The walls were of the shade of cream and White.I really liked the combination.On the top was a fancy chandelier which added to the beauty of the room.

After i studied the room enough.I took a pink top and jeans from my bag and went to take shower.

After a long and warm shower,i just sat in my room staring at the walls.

Soon Neil came in.I was pleased he knocked.At least he had some manners.

"Dinner is ready."He said

"I am not hungry."I said not even looking at him.

"You have to eat something .You didn't eat anything since morning sweety."He said gently.

"I...I ate on the f-flight."

His expressions changed even before i  could finish my sentence.

"Don't lie."He growled.

"Come and eat something.Afterwards we will talk about  your lies."He said and paused for a moment.

When he saw i didn't move he continued"I want to see you at the dining in 5" and left.

I didn't knew what to do.Should i disobey?I didn't want to take risk.Will he hurt me?My mind was so confused. Finally after thinking for a long time i got up and went outside.The dining table was just next to my room.Neil was sitting at the head chair.When he saw me he moved the chair next to him.I had no choice but to sit their.

"Next time if i say 5 mins it must be 5 only.Don't be late."he finally spoke in an intimidating tone.

I was scared.I just sat their unable to move or say anything.

Soon the dinner was served .The cook was a lady in her late 50's.I soon found out her name when Neil introduced her as' Rosabelle' our cook cum maid cum helper.I just managed to smile shyly at her while she greeted me with a big warm smile and also caressed my cheeks as if i was a toddler.

The dinner was Fancy and delicious but i missed my regular hostel meals.Also i was a sports person so such food was not good for me.But I couldn't say it to Neil.Yes,I played hockey.I was the state captain of UK[ Uttarakhand  ofc] and was looking forward to National hockey under 17 selection in June.It was mid of march so their were only 3 months left.

After dinner Neil took me to the library cum office for some important talk,It was very suffocating here maybe the space was smaller than the furniture in the apartment.No doubt it was beautifully designed.

Neil took the seat on the wooden chair and signal me to sit on the sofa opposite to him.

"I don't know how to start."He took a deep breath before starting again ."I can see you're not happy being here but their is no need to be offended.I already told you under what circumstances I had to send you away from me."

"I am not offended because you sent me away.I am offended because you brought me back"I said calmly just loud enough for him to hear still fixing my gaze on my shoes.I just wanted to give him no chance to scold me.I think i started to understand him.He needed respect so just give him so i have to talk as less as possible with him.

"Change is the law of nature and you must learn to accept changes.Its up to you whether you want to be an optimist or a sadist.If you want you can make new friends  and start a new life here.

"We can always make new friends but family is only one which i left behind."

"What family?Your family is here, with me."

"No ,my teachers and friends were my family who took care of me since i don't remember."I snapped raising my  voice.I regretted it as soon as the words came out of my mouth.i had decided to be calm and composed as i was but i just lost it every time i see him.

To my surprise he didn't scold me this time.I waited for the scolding with closed eyes but it didn't came. Instead he took a deep breath got  up from his seat and came near me and sat on the table which had separated us from each other for last 15 mins.Now he was only inches apart from me.Thanks to my betraying mouth.

"Tomorrow you will be meeting the rest of your family.I want you to behave properly in front of them.Don't create a scene or it won't be good for you."He threatened me in his cold and scary tone.

A shiver ran down my spine listening to those words and i started to shake.He must have noticed it that he sat next to me on sofa and took me over his lap.I didn't try to resist because i was  to scared to disobey.

My breathing became heavy but i didn't move.

"Sweety ,I love you a lot and expect better of you.This rebellious behaviour of yours will have a discouraging effect on you.I have seen your history sheet and its clean.You have excellent grades,and are well behaved .I expect you to maintain it."I nodded.He moved me from his lap back on the sofa seat next to him.It was then i realised how comforting his lap was.Ughhh Shut up!

"Also i want you to maintain your health and hygiene,listen to your elders,do as you're told.Plus you are not allowed to drink ,smoke,drugs nothing.Don't go out without my permission and whenever you go out always carry a scarf with you."He paused.

I raised him a questioning look.

"As you know i am a celebrity being the captain of the Indian cricket team so we don't know when you will need a scarf to cover your face when in public.I don't want the media to know that I have a sister.I want to raise you as a normal kid and not as a star kid.Is that clear?

Firstly i was betrayed to hear that he wants to hide me from everyone but then i just agreed as if I had a choice.

"Hmmm....that's all for now.Do you have any questions?"

"W-Which school I'll be going to?"

You will be going to The D.A.I.S from next week.

"A private school."

"Yes,You have a problem?"

"N-No"I said instead of shooking my head remembering his love for verbal answers.

"Don't worry .Its the best school in the entire country and all the celebrity kids go their.I know the principal very well.You won't be having any problems.Plus one of our sister also teaches their.Apart from this anything else you want to say?"

Should i tell him about my hockey game.Maybe he can arrange a coach for me here?No i can't ask him to get me one,It will cost a fortune.

"Vartika?'Neil raised his brows when i took to long to respond.

"N-no."

"Okay then you can go and sleep.If you need anything, my room is just next to yours.Good night."

"Good night."I mumbled inaudible and got up quickly and went out of the room.

(A/N : I will try my best to be regular in updates. Updates will be weekly on saturdays. Please if you are reading this dont be a passive reader ,share your views and give ideas about what tou will like to see in the next part? An emotional talk with Neil about the past or The family meeting?
Have fun Reading!)