Chapter 1: Expelled? Duel Monsters?

Harry knew something was wrong when he didn't hear Snape's signature drawl as he entered the room. Instead he heared something he almost prayed for whenever he entered the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom.

A Quirrel with no stutter.

"You?" Harry says. Quirrell turns around at the noise. "No. It can't be...Snape. He was the one"

"Yes. He does seem the type, doesn't he? Next to me, who would suspect p-p-poor s-stuttering Professor Quirrell?"" Quirrel smirks.

"B-but, that day, during the Quidditch Match, Snape tried to kill me." Harry asks. He was confused. This was all wrong. How were they so wrong!

"No, dear boy. I tried to kill you! And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded. Even with Snape muttering his little counter-curse." The Professor scoffs.

"Snape was trying to...save me?" Harry asks in shock. That can't be right. Snape hated him. Why save him?

"I knew you were a danger right from the off. Especially after Halloween." Quirrel elaborates.

"Th-then you let the troll in."

"Very good Potter, yes. Snape, unfortunately, wasn't fooled. While everyone else was running to the dungeon, he went to the 3rd floor to head me off. He, of course, never trusted me again. He rarely left me alone." He says as he turns back to the mirror. "But he doesn't understand. I'm never alone. Never. Now...what does this mirror do? I see what I desire. I see myself holding the stone. But how do I get it?"

Suddenly a raspy voice seems to call out from under the evil professors turban.

"Use the boy."

"Come here, Potter, now!" Quirrel immediately barks.

Harry walks forward shakily.

"Tell me. What do you see?"

Harry looks in the mirror and sees himself. His mirror self brings his hand into his pocket and takes out a red stone! The mirror self winks and puts the stone back. Very subtly, Harry reaches to his pocket. There is a lump. He gasps as he feels it. Its different than he expected. Powerful even through his pants. Almost burning, but not.

"What is it?! What do you see?!" Quirrel yells.

"I-I'm shaking hands with Dumbledore. I've won the house cup." Harry replies, lying to bide some time.

"He lies." The Voice says.

"Tell the truth!" Quirrel yells at Harry. "What do you see?!"

The Voice speaks before Harry could do anything.

"Let me speak to him."

"Master, you are not strong enough." Quirrel pleads.

"I have strength enough for this." The Voice states. Quirrel sighs before reaching behind his head to undo the headpiece. Slowly removing it to reveal a snake like face on the back of his head. "Harry Potter, we meet again."

"Voldemort." Harry says with some shock. He should have known... He needs to keep the stone from him even more so now. If what Hermione said was right, this can bring Voldemort back to life, something he could not allow.

"Yes. You see what I have become? See what I must do to survive? Live off another, a mere parasite. Unicorn blood can sustain me, but it cannot give me a body of my own. But there is something that can. Something, that conveniently enough, lies in your pocket!" The spirit snarls.