Chapter One : Painful Past

Francisco Guerrero. Pedia.

Yes. Isa siyang doctor. He spent his life studying how to care about other people . Especially how to take good care of kids but look what he is doing now. He cannot even take care of himself. He wasn't able to hold his kid on his own hand. Before even knowing he had one ay nawala na ito.

He used to be proud. His at the peak of his life and career. Just got married and almost becoming a father. He got everything any man could ask for. A happy family , a successful career and a loving wife . But what did the person above do? That person that most say will help you through tough times was the same person that made his life tough and miserable. He turned his life upside down. Literally destroyed everything that keeps him moving. Took away everything that he values.

 Everything is a mess. He's a mess.

Bakit? Though he knows na wala sya sa position na magtanong kung bakit at kwestyunin ang plano nito sa kanyang buhay? Sometimes he just can't help it.

Bakit? Bakit ako? I have tried my best to be a good person. Why would he give me the best then take them away all at once and in short span of time?. He didn't even give me time to prepare for what was coming.

 Did I ever deserve this? Am I not worthy? Am I not his child as well? Is it even worth it for me to continue on living when I know for myself that I have nothing and no one to live for?

Questions. Kung tanong lang sa buhay ay marami sya. But never in this life it was answered. His on the verge of taking his own life but he cannot. He promised her. He promised that he will live a good life. Iyon ang huling hiling sa kanya nang kanyang ina nung ito ay buhay pa and he cannot break that one promise that keeping him somehow sane kahit na kadalasan ay parang mababaliw na sya sa kalungkutan at sakit na pinagdadaanan.

Ang nagiisang pangako na kung bakit kahit gustong gusto nya nang sumuko ay di nya magawa. He knows that his parents and her will never be happy sa ginagawa nya sa buhay nya ngayon.

He is slowly destroying everything he worked hard for. Mga bagay na halos buong buhay nyang pinaghirapan para lang marating at makamit.

He cannot continue to live through. Sobrang nahihirapan na sya. Many times he thought of taking his own life but the images of his loved ones always keeps flashing on his mind especially the death scene of her mother and her dying wish reminding him of the promise he should keep pero ano pa ang kwenta nang kanyang buhay kung nabubuhay syang ganito?

Kumbaga, his living his life like a walking zombie. Buhay nga pero para namang walang buhay at ang totoo , his looking forward to death. Longing for it even, then maybe his questions might be answered afterlife . Makikita nya kaya sya doon?

His life was good then. Though wala na syang magulang dahil pareho itong namatay sa isang car accident three years ago ay nakaya nyang magpatuloy and it is all because of Genevie. His First love.

He met her right after the accident happened. Genevie was a nurse and was taking care of her mother that was in critical condition after the accident. His father was pronounced as DOA means Dead on arrival. In all his prayers he prayed that his mother will make it. That he will not be left alone in this world .

Sadly, no matter how much he tried to pray na kahit napupudpud na ang tuhod nya sa kaluluhod sa altar nang simbahan o kahit nang Ospital, a month later of being in the ICU , his mother died.

On her death bed she called for her and whisper kahit hapong hapo at nahihirapan na ito

" I am happy that I will be seeing your father soon however promised me that you'll continue to live, be happy. Promise me. We had a good life you need to have one to" Pagtango lang ang naging response nya sa pangakong hiningi nito .

Seeing him agreeing, she just smiled and silently drifted away forever.

It hurt like hell. He was there. nandoon sya nung nag flat line ang ina. Nung nagdecide itong iwanan sya to be with his father. That time was the darkest time of his life. Panahon kung kailan ang tingin nya sa sarili ay isang ligaw na tupa na nawalan ng Shepherd.

 Abandoned and neglected.  During the time that he experienced these miseries Genevie was always there. Never sya nitong iniwan. Kahit anung taboy nya dito. Hindi ito sumuko sa kanya. Hindi sya nito nilubayan hanggat hindi sya naging okay.

However everything was too good to be true ika nga . Para bang wala na syang karapatang lumigaya. Agad agad ang dahilan kung bakit sya napabangon mula sa kamiserablehan ay binawi din naman.

 Shit! It still hurt him like it was still yesterday. Kahit two years na ang lumipas. Everytime na malaala nya ang babae, he could feel that painful itch in his heart. Pressing and hammering it like there's no tomorrow and everytime that happens, he will just drown his sorrow together with alcohol. He became alcoholic because of this. He can still remember that day vividly. That day when he lost her. When he lost his baby. When he lost everything.

That day was like this day.