t w e n t y

CHAPTER TWENTY

Eli left the house early in the morning and she looks like she's in a bad mood. Maybe because Nanay Rosa and the twins aren't greeting her. This is one of the plan of her cousins, they talked to Nanay and the twins not to greet Eli.

When she left the house, I called her cousins to set up everything here in the living room. I thought everything is going according to plan not until Kiko said something that made all of us stopped from moving.

"The cake is missing! I think we left it in our house." Kiko reported while scratching the back of his neck.

"What?" our eyes widened because of what he said.

"Sa lahat ng pwede mong kalimutan bakit naman yung cake pa?" Januz argued.

"Bakit naman ngayon mo lang sinabi? It's already 5PM!" naiinis na tanong ni Caleb habang nakatingin kay Kiko.

"I was having a roll call kanina but the cake didn't answer. It's absent!" sambit ni Kiko sa kanyang mga kapatid.

"Apakabonakid mo talaga!" Caleb hissed.

"Sana kasi tinulungan nyo ako kanina! Kinakawawa nyo ako, lagi na lang ako ang inuutusan nyo." Kiko fumed while glaring at his brothers.

"Why are you guys fighting?" Soren asked the three.

"I'll get it in your house, we're running out of time." sambit ko kaya lumingon naman sa akin ang apat at tumango-tango.

"Do you want us to come with you?" Agad akong umiling at tipid na nginitian si Kiko.

"There's no need to blame each other. Kayo na ang bahalang mag-ayos dito. Dapat ay ready na bago mag 7 PM, I'll be here before 7." saad ko at tinanguan naman ako ng apat.

Agad akong pumunta sa kitchen kung saan nandoon si Nanay Rosa kasama ang kambal na abalang naghahanda ng mga pagkain.

"Nanay, can I borrow Eli's car? I need to get the cake because the triplets forgot to bring it." sambit ko.

"Si Ryder na ang dalhin mo para hindi ka mahirapan, ibang sasakyan ang dinala ni Eli, eh." pabor naman sa akin 'yon dahil panigurado na kakailanganin ko si Ryder pag-uwi, "Mag-ingat ka sa pagdadrive ha?" paalala nito.

"Thanks, 'nay! See you later po." pagpapaalam ko at agad lumabas ng bahay para puntahan ang sasakyan ni Eli na naka-park sa garahe.

It's already 6PM when I reached the house of Eli's cousins. I rang the doorbell and a middle-aged woman comes out from the door.

"Good evening po." bati ko nang makalapit ito at agad naman akong pinagbuksan ng gate.

"Hello, hijo. What can I do for you?" tanong nito at nagtatakang tinitigan ako, "You look familiar."

"Uh, I'm a friend of your sons po. I came here because I need to get the cake." saad ko, agad naman itong tumango at nginitian ako.

"You must be Rael. Come inside, hijo. The triplets already called me that someone's coming to get the cake." sambit nito kaya sinundan ko ito papasok sa loob ng bahay, "I'm Selene Wilson, you can call me Tita."

"Sure, Tita Selene." nakangiting saad ko.

"What a handsome man. Are you Eli's boyfriend?" tanong nito.

"I'd love to but no, Tita. We're just friends and I still need to find myself." sambit ko.

"Do you like her?" Am I really here to get the cake or to have interview? I wondered.

"Who wouldn't? Eliniah has a good heart." I answered and smiled. Dumiretso kami sa kitchen at pinaglagay ako nito ng tubig bago iniabot sa akin, "Thanks po."