Baby's Firsts

"Lou? Wake up, honey."

Lou yawned, and sat up, blinking away sleep. At first, the whole ordeal seemed like a dream.

Then, he took in his visitor.

The caretaker android was dressed in a lavender maid's uniform. She had his baby bag slung over her shoulder, already packed, judging by it's overstuffed look.

"Ah! There you are." her voice was like honey, oozing with sweetness as sticky as sap. Lou rolled his eyes.

The caretaker ignored that, taking his chin in her hand, and turning his head to take in his new look. Satisfied, she lowered the bars on his crib, and patted his diaper. Full, just as they both expected it to be.

"Now, don't make that face." The Nanny-bot cooed, picking him up. "It's perfectly common here for little babies to wet themselves, especially at night." Lou groaned, but allowed her to change him, his head to full of thoughts to think about fighting. Besides, no matter what he did, it wouldn't change anything.

But that didn't mean he was submitting either!

Yesterday, he had been wheeled around in his bassinet, taking a tour of the daycare. If he was being honest, he didn't remember most of it. he had zoned out a quarter way in, and he doubted he would remember much of it anyway.

"I bet you're just full of butterflies." The Nanny cooed again, wrinkling her nose at him, the way grownups do when they look at cute babies.

If anything, at least Lou had solace in the fact that he was still good-looking, even if it wasn't in the way he had wanted.

To be honest, he was nervous for his first day. But for totally different reasons.

"Okay sweetie, we have to go early. Miss Love wants to see you before breakfast." The Nanny did up the new diaper, before turning to the closet, not bothering to free Lou from the changing table. Lou laid there, trying to straighten out his thoughts and think of a way out of this. But, no matter which plan he turned too, he found a reason why it wouldn't work. Security for Doll Type 6 was tightest, because of mischievous children. Lou knew he would have to find a way out the way he came IN. And that alone would be difficult, and require a lot of stealth. He needed to figure out where to start.

"Um, excuse me?...Nanny?"

"Yes, dear?"

"Just out of curiosity, how do you keep baby dolls from escaping back into the factory?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I just...wondered. I mean, it must be pretty hard work."

"Don't even think about it, Lou." nanny turned back to the closet, taking out Lou's uniform. "Let's get you ready for the day, and no more escape attempts."

"I haven't even tried anything!"

"I know good and well you WILL." Lou sighed in defeat.

Once fully dressed, Lou was forced into his bassinet, and wheeled away to the headmistress's office. He wanted to yell at himself. This was all baby stuff! It would be so easy to disobey. So, why didn't he?

Well, he knew why. it wouldn't work. And, he'd end up in a worse position than before.

He hated feeling trapped, but he suppressed it. the thing about traps, was that there was always a way out.

Miss Loves' office was painted yellow, with dozens of posters and paintings, telling kids it was okay to ask for a change, and that living care-freely was great, and all that being kind to one another junk that Lou stopped caring about years ago. For decades, he had been trapped, and he HAD been kind. He just happened to convince them of something untrue to keep them with him. Because he couldn't stand to be alone.