9. I am sorry

Miranda
How was your first day at work, did you get to see your uncle and your cousin Natasha. why is your face looking so sad, did everything go well?.

MELISSA
Everything went well.

Miranda
So why are you looking so sad?.

Isabel
Mom can you imagine, Andrew is now one of the shareholders in the company. I didn't believe it, I will see him there, working in my dad's company, I was so surprised.

MIRANDA
I didn't know about that, so how did you feel, meeting him again for a long time.

MELISSA
All the memory of what he did to me, just resurfaced. I was so angry and I wanted to do something to him right there but I held myself.

Miranda
It's good you held yourself so you blew our cover.

Melissa
I also found out he's dating my cousin, Natasha. he didn't even deny it when Natasha said it, why did he choose to date my cousin of all people after what he has done to me.  he never for once regretted what he did to me, that's why he's dating Natasha, I hate him even more.

YVONNE
what did I hear you say, he's dating Natasha?. why she of all people, not only did he betray you he is now dating your cousin.

MELISSA
Stop mentioning his name, it irritates me whenever I hear his name. where are my kids, I want to see them, I miss them so much.

YVONNE
I just put them to sleep, they have been waiting for you to come back. Before they fell asleep they were asking of you, so I  had to tell them that you were fighting bad guys and will return a little late.

MELISSA
OK let me go and see them I miss them so much hope they didn't give you much trouble.

YVONNE
No, you have such lovely kids. I wish I could have such kids, they are so understanding.

MELISSA
I'm sorry that I left the kids in your Care to take care of them.

YVONNE
No, don't need to apologize, they are also my children even if you're not there I can still take good Care of them and love them like mine.

MELISSA
Thank you, you have been a good friend and a sister to me, I don't know how to repay you.

YVONNE
You are my friend, you don't need to repay me, what are friend for if I don't lend you a helping hand. I'm glad to be here with you and support you, you are a sister to me and I will always be on your side.

MELISSA
Thank You so much (hug her) let me go see my kids.

MELISSA STANDING AT THE DOOR OF HER CHILDREN ROOM WATCHING THEM SLEEP.

MELISSA POV
My kids look so lovely when they are asleep, I love them so much. I remember them asking of their father, I couldn't bring myself to tell them who their father is so I told them he's gone. I will never let Andrew know I got pregnant for him and gave birth to these lovely kids, seeing their faces when I'm angry always makes me feel better.

SOFIA
(wakes up) mom is that you (sleepily)

MELISSA
Yes, I'm just checking up on you two, go back to sleep before you wake your sister up.

SOFIA
okay, mom good night.

MELISSA
(kiss her cheek) good nights sweetheart and sweet dreams.

SOFIA
you too mom

NEXT DAY

MELISSA
Sweetheart why is your face like that, and why are you not eating.

STEPHANIE
I'm not hungry.

MELISSA
Baby tell me what is bothering you, I know that you're not happy.