Unlikley Alliences

Chapter 17

~This story got to #157 in Vampire!!!! I am so happy, thank you loves for reading, voting and commenting it means so much to me reading your sweet and funny comments!! Enjoy this chapter :)~

I woke up feeling like, mentally, I could lift a train for some reason, maybe it was because yesterday crushed me and then gave me hope like never before.

I was sitting on the couch with Eli eating strawberries with sugar when Sassy jumped up in my lap barking at me to let her out.

I grabbed her and went to get her leash, Eli came up behind me and put his hand over my hand holding the leash, "I got her." he said.

"No it's okay Eli, you said so yourself that they weren't looking that hard, they barely have anyone looking. I just really need some air."

He sighed obviously not happy about it but he saw that I just needed some space and he agreed, "Fine, but please don't stay out too long."

I kissed him on the cheek causing him to smile, "Thank you!"

I hooked the leash to Sassy's collar and walked her outside.

I was enjoying the cool weather outside while I played with Sassy. I could see Eli look at me from the corner of my eye every once in a while.

After a while I jumped when I heard someones voice, "Cute dog."

I turned to see a very muscular guy that was unfamiliar to me. I dropped the leash on accident and Sassy ran to him.

He picked her up and I immediately asked, "Who are you?" I had a strong feeling he was a werewolf.

"Your worse nightmare." he said, a smirk slowly spreading across his face.

Before I could act I heard the bone chilling voice, "Kitten is this filthy animal bothering you?" I looked over to Damon. Great, two evils stood in front of me.

I only nodded, Damon ran to him in vampire speed and pinned the guy against the wall, "Leave before I kill you." he said harshly.

"Why should I be afraid of you?" he breathed out as Damon's elbow pressed to his neck.

Damon's eyes turned red and his fangs grew out, I thought about calling Eli but I wanted to see what he would do.

"Leave." Damon said in a different voice and the guy ran away with no second thought.

It took me a minute to remember that Damon can control other people.

Sassy ran to me, "What do you want Damon?"

"Well I have been watching you and I couldn't just let him take you. You should be happy I showed up." he smiled.

For once I actually was but I wasn't going to admit that, "Kitten I can read thoughts you know." he said walking closer. 'Dammit' I thought.

"I could tell you and the werewolves are having problems. I was actually enjoying the show but I knew I couldn't let them hurt you."

"So you would have let one of your brothers die?" I asked.

"No but I don't care if they get hurt, it takes more than you think to kill them. I care more about you."

He was right in front of me now and his hand was on my cheek. I pushed it away, "As sweet as that sounds, I don't think Eli would be happy to see you here."

And of course Eli came out right as I said that, "Damon?"

"Elijah." he said happily giving him a hug.

What is his problem, what happened to the 'get out of my way I'm in charge' Damon?

"For the time being I am here to help, I am putting our problems aside for the well being of Grace."

"Get off." Eli said pushing Damon off.

Jayson and Alex came out of the house. Damon walked up to Jayson and took his hand shaking it, "Hey, sorry for the first time we met, no hard feelings right?"

Jayson just looked at Eli confused. Eli must have said something to him through his thoughts because Jayson just shook his hand back and said, "Sure." uneasily.

"Oh and Alex, I'm sorry man." he said giving him what looked like a sincere hug, like he meant it.

Alex hugged him back seeing that he was honest, "Thanks."

They pulled away and Damon explained himself to Alex and Jayson, "I am here to help y'all with your wolf infestation."

"Because of Grace." Eli added so now the guys understood nodding their heads.

"What, y'all can't believe that I am doing it for my family?" Damon said putting a hand over his 'heart' in mock sadness.

Eli laughed, "Yeah, no. The only reason you came here is because of Grace, we aren't that stupid brother."

"I am offended."

"Oh shut up." Eli scoffed, "Just be lucky we're actually trusting you."

'Wow, what an unlikely ally.' I thought.

'No kidding.' Eli said in my head, I smiled.

*************

"What is our plan for these dogs?" Damon asked once we went inside.

"We are watching them for now, getting their patterns. We aren't making the first attack, I don't care what you say, we let them strike first." Eli explained.

"Okay that is actually good. I guess you are smarter than I thought." Damon said.

"I will take that as a compliment." He smiled.

For about an hour we explained everything to Damon. For once I actually got to know the real Damon, that isn't crazy, and he wasn't that bad.

We played board games and cards for the remainder of the day. It was a lot of fun surprisingly, I kicked their butts at poker and walked away with all their candy.

We also had a slap jack tournament. The two people in the championship were me and Damon, I had a good eye and faster reflexes than Damon so it wasn't a surprise that I beat him at that too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will most likely update tomorrow because I already have the chapter written, I just have to edit it. Thank you again for reading, voting and commenting!

Please Vote!

Comment!

And Share!

Until next time, stay beautiful my loves! ~Cayla