Pt 1

August 30th 2552

Planet Reach

Noble 6 gazed into the crowded stormy sky, watching flashes of plasma and missiles crash against hulls and shields, knowing he had done all he could, taking out a multitude of dropships and a carrier with the MAC. Six quickly hopped from his perch, the gun out of power as the auxiliary power to the shipyard finally gave out now that the Autumn and her reactor was gone. The whine of covenant anti-gravity generators flew past Six overhead as dropships passed his position and circled around to drop off more troops.

"Let them come" Six grimly thought to himself, he knew he would fall, just as a long line of Spartans had before him, but he would take as many of those alien bastards as he could with him. He checked his DMR mag, just as an elite rounded the corner in front of him, the readout on the back of the gun read 6, he smirked to himself at the irony and socked the elite in the jaw, breaking its shield, then pulled the trigger and used one of his 6 rounds to blow the elite's brains out.

"That's for Four," He whispered to himself and the corpse of the elite, thinking back to before he did black ops for ONI.

Two more elites heard the sound of gunfire and came running, and Six threw a grenade, popping their shields and staggering them as they too rounded the corner into the shell of the building.

Six fired two more shots into two more heads, saying, "Jorge, Kat," as he did so. He took the plasma pistol off the hip of one of the elites and started charging it as he moved to the window, where three more elites were herding a pack of grunts, and he released the alien weapon's trigger, managing to pop two shields with the EMP blast since the elites were tightly packed.

He fired his DMR twice more, whispering, "Jun, Carter," as the two zealots dropped. The third in the trio roared in anger and charged, while Six loosed his final grenade at the pack of grunts, hearing the explosions of methane and screams just as he drew his knife and ran to meet the zealot just outside the door.

The zealot made the first move, swinging his energy sword at Six's neck. Six raised his left hand and punched forward, deflecting the blade with his left bracer, but losing his shields in the process. Six turned his shoulder toward the elite and dropped his arm, ramming his shoulder into the elite and stunning him long enough to sink the drawn blade deep into the Sangheli's stomach with a swift upward motion.

The warrior pushed on despite his injury, swinging his sword in a downward arc just as Six let his final DMR round fly, "Emile," he whispered as the final zealot dropped to the dirt covered floor.

Six holstered his now empty DMR on his back and drew his assault rifle, while simultaneously grabbing a spartan laser off a fallen GNJR spartan inside the building, then looking for the inevitable dropship that would be coming to deliver more covenant.

August 30th 2552

Planet Typhon

Final assault on the fold weapon

IMS Malta

Gates had just returned from cleaning the mess off the nose of the Malta from Cooper and Viper's scuffle, she had found two perfectly good batteries and some very expensive Northstar thruster parts and was taking them back to the main hold when Bear pinged her.

Bear called to Gates as she jumped back onto the bridge, "Commander we have a problem, but it's a good problem to have, still a problem though." He was hunched over a console and showed her the readings while playing back some SRS comms, in short the ark was spinning up to fire, but Cooper had done something and now it was exploding, they needed to leave the planet.