Fight or flight~2

Out of time

4118 felt like all of the air had been sucked out of her lungs, and she struggled to heave in a breath; her chest rose heavily, but, despite her vigorous expansions and deflations of her lungs, she felt devoid of oxygen as her eyes darted about

Her wild eyes ricocheted off of the freezing walls as they began to close in on her, and a surge of claustrophobia burst through her chest, feeling like she was being suffocated.

She couldn't remember; not only her name, but she couldn't remember anything. Her oldest memory was waking up in this room with this strange boy, and the thought terrified her.

She didn't know who she was, where she came from, and couldn't even picture her mother's face. She felt lost, and didn't even know what she was like- almost as if she was a stranger to herself, trapped in a body she didn't even recognize to be her's.

Lucid breaths echoing through the empty, rapidly shrinking room, 4118's legs snaked you to her chest, and she held them there as she tried to calm herself, to no aid.

Her eyes began to brim with tears as panic began to set in, and she viciously tried to wipe them away- possibly too harshly as her skin dully began to ache as her violent action.

Trying to capture her breath, she found that all of her air merely hitched in her throat, barely able to prevent herself from suffocating as she fought herself.

"Whoa- it's okay, it's okay- just breathe," He advised, eyebrows drawn together. 

His lips were curled into a slight, worried pout as his eyes pooled with concern, and his gaze uncertainly raked over her as he placed his hands on her shoulders- trying to stable her in an attempt to calm her down.

"I-I'm trying to breathe," She choked out harshly, sharp eyes glaring into his.

Pursing his lips together slightly, the boy's fingers lightly brushed over her neck as he gently turned her head in an attempt to block out the seemingly shrinking world around them, which was appreciated.

"Just look at me okay? It's alright, we'll find out eventually, okay?" He cooed, a small smile that reflected his worry pulling at his lips.

Although his soft words and kind eyes helped, the girl still felt like the word was crumbling down on top of her, and the walls were rapidly closing in on her in her mind's eye, even if they hadn't moved in reality.

Breath still erratic and heart palpitating viciously, the girl tried to focus on the boy's brown, deep eyes as they seemed to swallow her whole- and she let them.

As her chest's crazed rising and falling leisurely began to slow, a dull smile illuminated the boy's cheeks, and she, despite her panicking state, thought that his smile might've been the prettiest thing she had ever seen.

The way his pink, plump lips formed a perfect grin seemed to light up the room, but did nothing to sooth her speedy heart- it did the opposite, actually.

"Until then, can I call you Seji? You look like a Seji," He murmured softly, and his twinkling eyes shone brightly into her's- his sweet tone unbelievably selcouth.

Heart pounding as her breathing continued to trap itself in her throat, the girl hesitantly nodded, and she attempted to swallow down her anxiety, yet it barely worked.

"What's-what's y-you're name?" She asked tentatively, her voice quiet and weak.

A wave of melancholy passed through the boy's comforting eyes, and he he was reluctant to speak as he wracked his brain for an answer, but came up short.

"I've been trying to figure that out since I woke up," He admitted, yet his bittersweet smile never faltered.

Eyes softening silently, the girl pursed her lips together as her breath slowly came easier, and she tried to return his smile, but it came out mangled and stressed.

"Can- Can I call you Jaem-Jaemin?" She stammered, and his smile grew by a fraction.

"Jaemin," He repeated, nodding in satisfaction. "I like that."

I felt like I did Jaemin dirty in Fallen so we going with a soft boi this time