MBA 17

"Lan Zhan, have you told your family already?" Wei Ying asked as he rubbed his swollen belly. In just one more week, he would be ready to give birth. Wei Ying rested against Lan Zhan's legs, finding comfort in the position as it eased some of his contractions.

Lan Zhan flinched at the question, having not given much thought to how he would address this issue during Wei Ying's pregnancy. He felt a lump forming in his throat and hesitated, unsure of what to say.

"Hm? Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying prodded, eagerly awaiting a response.

Lan Zhan stammered as he struggled to find the right words, "I haven't..."

Wei Ying's eyes welled up with tears upon hearing Lan Zhan's admission. His sadness was palpable, and he couldn't hold back his tears. Lan Zhan reached out to wipe them away with his thumb, pleading, "Shh, I'll tell them after the baby is born. Please don't cry."

Despite his reassurance, Wei Ying's tears continued to flow. Frustrated, he swatted Lan Zhan's hand away and moved to a distance, facing the window to compose himself, but he couldn't stop crying.

Lan Zhan watched Wei Ying with a heavy heart, torn between telling him the truth and protecting him from further distress.

"Do you think I'm a fool?" Wei Ying finally spoke, his voice quivering as he looked out the window.

Lan Zhan was taken aback. "No, I was just..."

But Wei Ying interrupted him, not letting him finish. "Then why are you hiding me from your family?" he questioned, the sadness in his eyes cutting deep.

Lan Zhan had no immediate answer. He didn't want to lie to Wei Ying, but he also didn't want to burden him further with the truth.

"I see, I'm a shame to you, is that it?" Wei Ying concluded bitterly, a sad smirk playing on his lips.

"Please don't say th—" Lan Zhan began, but Wei Ying interrupted again.

"I'm a disgrace to you, huh?" he laughed bitterly.

"Wei Ying," Lan Zhan uttered, wanting to explain himself, but Wei Ying's emotions were overwhelming him.

"Is that all you can say?" Wei Ying questioned, his heart heavy with pain.

Lan Zhan desperately tried to console him, "Let's talk about this, Wei Ying. Please."

But Wei Ying refused to listen, caught in a whirlwind of emotions and stress. As he continued to berate himself, a sudden contraction hit him, and he doubled over in pain, feeling a liquid trickle down his legs.

"Wei YING!" Lan Zhan shouted in alarm as he rushed to his side. Wei Ying's water had broken, and the pain was intensifying.

Lan Zhan lifted Wei Ying into his arms, cradling him carefully, and called for help. "YANLI! WANYIN!" he cried out, desperately seeking assistance.

Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng hurriedly rushed to them from the living room. Panic filled their eyes as they saw Wei Ying's condition.

"What happened to him?" Jiang Yanli asked with concern.

"It hurts!" Wei Ying groaned as the contractions grew more intense.

"Hold on, A-Xian. We'll get you to the hospital quickly," Jiang Yanli reassured him, gently stroking his forehead to comfort him.

However, the pain was unbearable for Wei Ying, and he could hardly contain his anguish. Lan Zhan tried his best to offer comfort, rubbing his back and soothing him with gentle words. But the pain persisted, and Wei Ying couldn't help but cry.

"I can't...," Wei Ying sobbed, tears streaming down his face. The pain was overwhelming, and he couldn't control it.

Lan Zhan's heart ached as he kissed away Wei Ying's tears, unable to bear seeing him in such agony.

At the hospital, nurses swiftly attended to Wei Ying, placing him on a hospital bed and wheeling him into the delivery room. Lan Zhan was filled with worry but had to remain outside.

One of the nurses blocked his path when he tried to follow Wei Ying. "Sir, please stay here. We will call you when needed," she instructed.

Lan Zhan watched helplessly as they took Wei Ying away. His eyes were wide with fear and regret, feeling responsible for the pain Wei Ying was going through.

Jiang Yanli attempted to console him, rubbing his back in an effort to calm him. But Lan Zhan was unable to find solace; he had put his family in jeopardy.

Jiang Cheng's frustration grew, and he clenched his fists tightly. He approached Lan Zhan and grabbed his collar, his anger flaring as he demanded, "What did you do to Wei Ying?!"

Jiang Yanli intervened, holding onto Jiang Cheng's arms in an attempt to calm him. Jiang Cheng's anger was evident in his furrowed brow and clenched fists. Lan Zhan made no attempt to defend himself; he felt he deserved any punishment for the pain he had caused Wei Ying.

Jiang Cheng released his grip with a sigh, although his brows remained furrowed with lingering anger. He sat down across from Lan Zhan, crossing his arms and refusing to meet Lan Zhan's gaze.

Jiang Yanli let out a deep breath and took a seat beside Jiang Cheng. She tried to reassure them both, "Calm down, please. Let's focus on Wei Ying's well-being."

Jiang Cheng's frown persisted, but he finally unclenched his fists. With a heavy heart, he looked away and decided