Broken Heart

In a world filled with 7 billion people, two completely ordinary people happened to meet. They fell in love and found comfort in each other as they shared their dark pasts and difficulties; and like everyone, they felt like it was meant to be --this was the one.

The amount of happiness they felt each day was more than they ever imagined they would find. Weeks flew by and they got to know each other better, were open enough to tell each other their needs and wants.

But for whatever reason, he never really had time for her but she never minded. He seemed very distant but she was willing to get to know the reason....She was willing to change the majority of her life for him.

The girl was overflowing with love while he wasn't sure true love existed. Yes, he was in love but he wasn't sure about what he really felt. They were opposites but surely one day she should be able to change him right? Show him what true love was right? So keeping that in mind she tried changing him --force or not-- but he wouldn't budge. He was stubborn, his thoughts stuck at 'there is no true love'.

Few months passed and the girl became low and down. She had so many people confessing to her, so many people who were willing to treat her the way she wanted to be treated, yet she still continued loving this guy. The guy who promised her every two days that he'll show his love but never did….it was almost as if he kept swearing by the moon.

patience was what she needed….people don't change in a fortnight, So she patiently waited, taking even the little of emotion he showed as love. But it always changed the next day. Obviously she complained, unable to comprehend why he couldn't show his love. These frequent questions irritated him, and made him feel frustrated. He told her that he didn't want love but just someone to live with. 

He started telling her about how he feels pressured and wanted to run away from everything...even her. Those words broke the girl. She loved him so much but he did not value her, did not see her tears and did not love her back…..it was almost as if it was a game for him. He killed her short-lived happiness in seconds and her little world of joy which she imagined for the two of them was shattered. She left him finally, completely done with his lies. And she never wanted to see him again.

Life went on. Day and night came and went like usual. The years slipped like sand through fingers. And one day they finally met again. When he saw her he smiled for the first time in years. He reached his hands to hold her face but she backed away. He could understand the reason. His eyes became glossy as he choked down the sobs "I'm so sorry...please give me another chance." He said, looking down ashamed.

The girl's face fell blank, her expression trained not to show any emotion as she spoke, "I'm sorry…but I'm not her...the one who loved you" she stared directly into his eyes "you killed her long ago"

she walked away from him, leaving him speechless and heartbroken...the same way he so easily let her go all those years ago.

What did I write-