sunsets

Sunsets.

It was the prettiest thing. The way the yellow, orange, red, purple and blue would just mix gave him some sort of happiness to just look at it. He found it romantic and calm. Just sitting there with his lover, staring at the sun going down and the colours changing from bright to dark while they held each other close.

It was his biggest dream because he was terribly single at the moment.

But he had a crush. The girl in his science and maths classes that would always sit two rows ahead of him or behind him. She was your average girl --dressed plain, loose brown hair, two or three friends and good scores in Subjects. She never stood out to anyone... except him. He was head over heels for her, found her to be the most unique girl out of the all Divas and Instagram stars in college.

Everytime he left for art class --the extra classes-- he would see her sitting all by herself in a studio, singing her heart out. He would always hear a little bit, but that was more than enough for him to be addicted. Everyday he would leave 10 minutes early just to listen to her voice.

During his classes he would dream and wonder what would happen if he confessed. Will it be good or bad? It's just a crush and even if he gets rejected he'll learn to move on eventually. But right now she's all he can think.

Maybe he should confess. He was sprawled on his bed in a dilemma of whether he should confess or not. It's ok, he could ask his friend to stay somewhere near him incase he gets an anxiety/panic attack --which has never happened-- and dies. Maybe he'll ask her to meet at the nearby hill (about 30 minutes from the school) at evening, when the sun sets.

__________

He asked her to meet. He did it. She did say she couldn't meet tomorrow but will come the day after but he was happy. It was the first conversation they've ever had and his heart was ready to break his rib-cage and come out. It was alright, he was doing great. Now he just needed enough courage for the day after.

_________

It was nearly time. He stood there with a rose in his hands looking at the sun setting. He was early --way too early-- but he couldn't calm his nerves down. His friend did not come due to which he was disappointed...but then again he didn't need to be clowned so it works out. Just as he looked at his watch, he saw a figure walking up. He straightened his back and waited nervously as the figure completely made their way up. When it did he was shocked and confused.

It wasn't her, but her friend.

She silently handed a letter to him, not making eye contact. He could see dried tear tracks on her face but didn't question anything. He opening the envelope, taking out the letter.

Hi, it's ur crush? I know that cause your friend outed you out. I know what all you do :) This looks like a very casual letter and almost stupid but it's important.

I have a crush on you too. Well, had, cause I'm basically dying --or dead-- by the time you read this. This isn't a joke. Nope it's not.

I hope you find someone better than this average girl. Stay safe :)

Xoxo.

He felt tears on his cheek. Why was he crying? He merely had a crush on her, nothing else. He wasn't her friend, family or even her Boyfriend for that matter. He had no connection to her whatsoever so why did he feel so much pain? Why did his hands shake so much that he dropped the letter and the rose? Why did he sob until he couldn't speak or breathe properly? Why? Why was he feeling so much sorrow?

He fell to his knees as he --and that girl-- cried until the sun went down and the moon came up.
He screamed at the stars, not for his but, for doing such an evil thing to such a young girl.

Sunsets were romantic and calm. But now it also held immense sorrow each time he saw it.

Almost like she was right there singing.