Chapter One

My name is Caroline Bells. A witch in training. I have a black cat named, Yoru. He's a gift from my parents when I was small.

My parents died in a combat with an evil but the strongest mage, Dark. I plan on avenging my parents but still, I have a lot to learn.

"Yoru! Where are you?!" I shouted. Yoru came to me from under the bed and I sighed. He began to purr cutely.

I pick him up and put him on the bed. I took a spell book from the one of my bookshelves. I flipped through the pages to find a fun spell, then I stopped.

Spell to make fire appear from your hand[s]. I stared at it in amazement. Can you really do that?

"O, fire. Appear from my palm for I have commanded you. So, mote it be!" I chanted the spell. Yoru flinched from me.

At first, nothing happened. But suddenly, my palm begin to feel warm, hot, then burning.

There's no fire but I can feel it. Smoke start puffing from my palm. "How do you stop this spell?!" I shouted.

I searched the page to find a spell to stop it. I kept searching but there's no luck. Yoru keep meowing and I felt annoyed.

"Yoru, keep quiet!" I said, taking a glance at him. He's tapping on the glass of water. Then, I got his message.

I take the water and head towards the window. I poured the water on my hand and the burning stopped.

I sighed and look at Yoru. "Thanks, kitty." I said, patting his head and he purrs.

Yoru is a magic cat. He listens to order, help with spells and stuff. I named him Yoru because of the great sorcerer that have many cats.

I pour the cat food into his bowl and he crawled there and eat his food. "I'm bored." I said to myself.

Suddenly, someone knocks on the door. I opened it. A man with side-burns and is wearing the royal army's uniform is standing there.

"Are you Caroline Bells?" He asked and I nodded. "I have been ordered to escort you to the castle by Lady Theresa."

"Lady Theresa? Why?" I asked. The man kept quiet. I shrugged. "I'll be ready in 10 minutes."

I shut the door close. I pulled open my wardrobe door. I stripped-but still wearing underwears- and put on witches clothes.

You get the deal. Pointy black hats, black boots, black coat, black dress. I grab my spell book and my wand and stuff it in my pocket.

I open the door and walk away with him, Yoru following us. He asked me to get on the carriage and I did.

Yoru get on my lap and purrs quietly. The man look at him in disgust. "Why does he have to follow?" He asked.

"My familiar. He have the right to follow me." I said, looking at Yoru who is hissing at the man. The man stared at Yoru in horror.

"What element does he developed?" He asked. "Earth." I replied, carresing his cheek. Yoru's jaw dropped open and I giggled because he looks like he's smiling.

Then, the carriage stopped. "We're here." Said the man. He helped me get off the carriage and led me into the castle.

We stop in front of a huge door. The man knocked on it a few times. "Who is it?" Said a woman's voice from inside. I'm guessing that's Lady Theresa.

"It is me, Sir Roderick. I have brought the one you asked for." He replied. "Come in." said Lady Theresa-maybe.

We both comes in the room. There's a big cauldron in the center of the room. Spell books, wands, potions, spell papers and other witches' stuff scattered on the floor.

Lady Theresa is sitting on a marvelous-looking carved chair. She smiled at the both of us and nodded her head.

"Come forward, child." She said in a soothing voice. "M-me?" I asked, pointing a finger at myself.

"Of course, dear." She said and I walk closer to her. She sighed and reached out her hand. I shake it and she laughed evilly.

"Fool, do you think I would like to shake your filthy hands? I just want to have you as a sacrifice." She smirked.

"What?" I yelped. Suddenly, two guards grabbed my hands. I tried to break free but alas, it just made my neck and shoulders hurt.

"O, Dark. Appear in front of me and take the sacrifice I have prepared. Appear!" Shouted Lady Theresa.

She just summoned Dark. Dark who killed my parents. Dark who can move like shadows. Dark who enjoys killing.

" O, Grim Reaper. Ik vrij om je uit je kooi en ik beveel je aan degenen die wensen om mijn leven te nemen doden." I chanted.

Suddenly, the two guards let go and then I can hear them falling to the floor. Lady Theresa is now trembling but still, the smirk haven't disappeared.

"You're quite powerful to have summoned the Grim Reaper. But, I can feel Lord Dark is on his way." She said, laughing afterwards.

"I thought you're a white magic sorceress." I said. "You thought only." She said, smirking evilly.

Suddenly, black smoke/fog covered the room. Lady Theresa and I coughed and some got into my eyes. Dark must have appeared.

The black smoke/fog starts dissapearing. A man stood beside the cauldron which I'm guessing is Dark.

He has a pair of wings behind him. Black hair, luscious lips, blood red eyes. He's so young and handsome.

He's wearing a white button up shirt with white pants and a striped coat. His shoes are brown and he has a smirk plastered on his face.

"Hello, ladies. Where's my lunch?" He asked, his smirk getting wider.

0-0-0-0-0

Vote and comment, please. Btw, I make Dark's clothes too modern. Inform me of my mistakes.

READ BELOW!!:

1) THE SPELLS ARE ALL MADE UP. 2)THE NAMES AND CHARACTERS ARE NOT RELATED TO ANYONE.
3)PLEASE DON'T STEAL/COPY MY STORY.