Chapter Two

I shivered at his smirk. Lady Theresa grins widely, glad that he appeared. "She is!" yelled Lady Theresa, pointing at me.

"Nah, she's so weak. I can't eat her. How about you?" He said. Lady Theresa looked like all the blood from her body had drained, in short, so pale.

Dark approached her and tilts her chin. "I command you let go of me right now!" said Lady Theresa, sternly, her eyes hardening.

"Your power are so pathetic. I wonder why they called you the 'Queen of Magic'. You're just a piece of trash." He laughed evilly, before grabbing her hair and throwing her away.

I fell to the floor and shrieked and covered my ears while shutting my eyes. I can still hear Lady Theresa groan in pain. I whimpered when I felt his presence near me.

"You, raise your head." He ordered. "NOW!" He shouted and I raised my head with teary eyes. His eyes are locked on mine.

"A witch? How old are you?" He asked. "19 years old." I answered, quietly. He scoffed and knelt down with both his knees.

"Why are you here?" He asked. I blinked in confusion. He's interviewing me now?! What does he want, anyway?

Suddenly, I realized. "YORU!!" I shouted. I haven't seen him since I entered this room. Where could he be?

I started to cry louder and harder. My only family, Yoru dissapeared. "Yoru! Yoru!" I shouted again.

My eyes widened when I see him lying on the floor, dying. Must have been the smoke/fog. I run towards him.

His eyes are shut. He was breathing hardly. I take my spell book from my pocket and searched for a healing spell.

"Heal this innocent. Riegúelo con su curación. Te lo ruego!" I chanted while holding Yoru tightly.

I waited for a minute, then two, then three. That's it. The spell said if it didn't heal in three minutes, use a stronger spell.

But, that was the strongest spell in the book! What should I do? Tears starts to flow down my cheeks.

"Hey, you okay?" asked Dark. I turned at his direction and glared at him. I bit my bottom lip, showing that I was frustrated, upset, sad, angry.

"It's your fault! You took my parents away from me! Now, you have to take his life, too?! What is wrong with you?" I yelled making him startled.

"What is wrong with you? I came here for I was summoned and now you're blaming me?" He said, looking irritated.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. But, there's one thing I can do for Yoru. A life for a life. I can sacrifice myself for Yoru to live.

I grinned widely, looking stupid as ever. Dark raised an eyebrow. "You are so weird." I shot him a glare.

I take a chalk and start to draw a circle and place Yoru in it. I walked into it, too. I take a deep breath and concentrate.

"I, Caroline Bell, will give my life for his life. Life and death are decided b-" I said, but then, a hand covered my mouth. Dark, I growled.

He dragged me away from the circle. I slapped his hands off my mouth and growled at him. "What do you think you're doing, Dark?" I asked.

"You're going to trade your life for that stupid cat's?" He said, pointing at meowing and dying Yoru.

I pushed him away. "I don't have much time." I said, getting back into the circle. I was going to chant the spell again when I heard a whooshing sound.

Dark is placing his hand on Yoru, whispering something. Suddenly, Yoru's eyes shot open.

He started to meow loudly, looking healthy and strong. "Yoru, you're alive!" I said, hugging him.

Don't get the wrong idea. I hugged Yoru, not Dark. "So, why did you say that I took your parents?" He asked.

"You killed them in a combat." I said, quietly. Yoru showed his sympathy face and I laughed while tears are filling my eyes.

"Well, let bygones be bygones." He said, shrugging. I grab his collar making his face just a few inches from mine.

"Bygones? I'm the only Bell left and I dreamt about them every single night! Well, not really everyday, but... You get it." I said.

"Oh, the Bell? You know, I really enjoyed killing them. They're so weak and pathetic." He said, laughing.

I grit my teeth and I grabbed his collar tighter. My hands are trembling out of anger. How could he say that easily?

I want to beat the hell out him. But, he's one of the greatest mage. I'll die even if I tried to lay one finger on him.

But, I'm grabbing his collar. Why am I not dead yet? His shining blood red eyes looked into mine like he can read my mind and I let go.

I sighed and grabbed Yoru. "Thank you for saving Yoru. I have to go. Bye." I said, walking out. Dark is smirking at me and laughing his evil laugh.

I grab a broom and commanded for it to fly and I ordered it to send me home. I'm relieved to have gotten away from that Dark.

0-0-0-0-0

Hey, second chapter. Vote and comment pls. I know it's short and boring but hope you like it.

When I was writing, I plan to make Yoru died to add some drama but I suddenly felt sad and wrote him being alive.

Btw, there's not much spell in this chapter but I'm glad. I don't want to make this book a spell book.

So, Dark's surname. Any idea?