Your Best Friend

A sigh of relief escapes your mouth as you flop yourself on the bed after a hard day of work. After a moment you begin taking your clothes of until only your boxers were left. You put on a random shirt that's laying on the floor, not even caring for the fact that it's not yours because it is way to oversized. You just snuggle up into your bed and wrap your arms around a pillow.

Just as you are about to drift of you hear a little knock on the door. „It's open." you mumble in your pillow. Quietly the door opens and closes again. Only a few seconds later you feel the bed dip and a pair of cold arms hesitately wrap around you.

You smile. That's Loki. Your best friend.

Ever since that one day the Avengers needed Lokis help during an important mission he had to stay here at earth. He didn't complain about it because he knew it was better to be locked away in a tower then in an asgardien cell under Odins watch. But he still didn't care for anyone down here, you included and he wasn't aware of showing that.

All of that changed when one night you were getting yourself something to drink from the kitchen and on your way down there you found Loki, crying in the living room. As you showed yourself he, to your surprise didn't shut you out but let it all out on you instead. All the pain he had kept to himself for all these years. He was so tortured and vulnerable, you almost didn't recognize him.

After a long talk that night he changed his behavior towards you. He became friendlier and you spend more time together. And after a while you became friends.

Comforted by his presence you lean into his hug and sigh happily. The slight coldness of his skin is extremely pleasent during a summer night like this so you quickly fall asleep in his arms.

______________________________________________________

The next morning you awake by the blinding sunlight streaming through your window. You yawn and stretch yourself, accidentally hitting Lokis face in the progress and waking him up as well. „Ow.... Is that how you mortals usually say 'good morning' to another?" he chuckles.

„Oh! No sorry Lokes! I didn't mean to." you apologize. „It's alright darling." he says and starts stretching in bed. You blush a little and quickly hide your face so he wouldn't see. It's not like he hasn't been calling you that before but sometimes it makes you.... uncomfortable.

You know that you're gay for about 3 years now but you never thought you could develop a crush on Loki. Yeah sure he's always been very good looking, sexy and all but he was also the villain and treated everyone like they were beneath him. Then he opened up to you. He's so sweet and charming...... you don't know how to feel...

„Isn't that my T-shirt you're wearing there?" Loki asks you and pulls you out of your thoughts. He has this typical smirk on his face. „Hmm maby? But you left it in my room and so I thought why leaving it useless on the floor?" The god chuckled a little. „Of course you did... But it was a good decision anyways. The colour of green suits you very well (y/n). You should wear it more often." „Thank you." you just managed to say and then an awkward silence fell between you two.

„Is there anything planned for today? A mission or something?" Loki asks you. „No not that I know." „Mmm good...." he smiles and with that he pulls you back into the sheads. „Hey, what are you doing?" You ask a little nervous. „If there's no reason to get up for we don't have to do we?"

You think about it for a second. „Yeah I think you're right with that." you grin and throw yourself back onto him. „HEY!" he tries to get you of but ends up rolling over the bed with you instead. You are play-fighting like kids until both of you have to break for air cause no one thought of surrender.