Chapter 8: Good Music, Terrible Luck

Chapter 8

"Wow, you really do have good taste, huh."

Leo Valdez & Rachel Askar

___________________________________________________________________

Leo V.

What was I thinking when I agreed to this.

Ray was on the wheel, focusing on the road ahead of her, careful for drunks or worse. She occasionally looked over to me once or twice, maybe to make sure I didn't wreck her car maybe. "You comfy Valdez?" Ray asks me, her eyes still glued to the road in front of her, a smirk traveling across her face. 

"I'm fine, I'm always fine." I say and she just laughs.

"You didn't seem so fine at the diner." She stated.

I blushed so hard I think I became the son of a tomato. She took a glance at me and just laughed, letting me get frustrated. "Says the one who could only get hot cocoa on a warm day!" He exclaims.

That shut her up.

Or so I thought.

"You know, I think I could go for some iced tea right now." She says, chuckling a bit after her statement. Before I could say anything back, she shushed me. "We're here."

_____________________________________________________

Rachel A. (Deaththenerd)

Swiftly I parked the car in an old lot near the concert, sliding from the drivers seat I placed my booted foot on the concrete. Leo made it this far without screwing up, maybe we can make it through the night.

An array of hair colors flew past us, most had dyed their hair in bright purple or maroon and then there was Leo. He looked so out of place with his red brown hair, his light brown eyes and that naive smile. He seemed so callow as he cocked his head to one side to gaze up at the dome that held one of the coolest bands ever.

"I guess we'd better head in there." Leo said jerking a thumb towards the dome. "Yeah, we'd better."

______________________________________________

Leo V.

"Yeah, we'd better" Ray says, a big surprising smile on her face. She fits in surprisingly well in the sea of all these Rock n Roll fans. We start walking forward to a booth with a teen, probably 16, with bright red hair you can spot a mile away.

"Hi, we're here for-" I begin to say and the guy cuts me off- "You're early. You can go get some snacks and get to your seats if you want, now let me see your tickets please." He says and I hand in me and Ray's tickets. He looks like he bit his tongue when he punched our tickets and gave them back. "Wow, you guys got good seats, you're lucky to get these! Have a good night now." He says and we wave, getting through the gate then walking to go find our seats. "E7 and E8" Ray says and I nod, finding our seats right away. I go first, then her, and we get ourselves comfortable.

"I'm gonna go get us some sodas, what kind you want?" I ask, almost yelling, trying to talk to her over the mumbles and talking over others. "Yeah, can I get a coke?" She asked and I nodded. "JUST REMEMBER: E7 AND E8!" She yells and I smile mouthing 'I know.' I hope she got the message, because I didn't feel like yelling again. I wormed myself past the crowds until I found where all the sodas were. "Ugh, 7 bucks for a soda? Great there goes my wallet." I start muttering to myself, taking out 14 bucks. I got a root beer for myself because, well, why not. At the same time, me and Ray wanted a soda, so it's worth it. I got the sodas and since they didn't have caps, I was going as fast as possible without spilling. When I got to my seats again, I plopped myself down, relieved that my job's done.