CHAPTER 26

Date: 30 June, 2020

“So does anyone have any plan or are we just going to drive there and beg Faria to not hurt anyone. Because in that case, you guys can actually drop me home. Begging ain’t my thing.” Haya said as she got in car with Amaan and Zayer and drove towards Zayer’s Uncle’s place.

“I have a plan.” Zayer said as he turned right.

“Good. What is it?” Amaan asked.

“That house has got CCTV cameras.”

“Inside?” Haya frowned.

“Well they are never home. And this one time, there was theft. After that, they installed cameras. They only activate them where they are not home. We can see through those cameras how many men Faria actually has hired and in which room she is keeping them. We can find the way in.” Zayer said.

“That’s great. But who has access to cameras?”

“Their guard.”

“Oh noice. Cool cool cool cool cool” Haya said and when both guys stared weirdly at her, she smiled sheepishly.

“I have been watching Brooklyn nine-nine.” She clarified.

“Anyway… If he is a guard, don’t you think Faria abducted him too.”

“Well he isn’t always there. His house is nearer to my Uncle’s place and he has an access from there.”

“And what if Faria has seen the cameras?” Asked Amaan.

“Hopefully not. They are well hidden.”

“I don’t get it. Your uncle just gave a guard access to the cameras?” Haya asked

“He doesn’t always have access. Its only when they are not home.”

“Oh cool then.”

They reached the guard’s house and got out of the car. Zayer knocked the door and the middle aged man opened the door.

“Assalamualaikum Akram Uncle.”

“Walaikumsalam Zayer beta. How are you?” The guard replied cheerfully and hugged Zayer.

“I am good. How are you?”

“Very well alhamdulilah. Come in come in.”

Zayer walked in and Amaan and Haya followed awkwardly. Akram passed the smile to the awkward couple too.

“Hafiza we have guests. Why don’t you bring tea for them?” Akram called for his wife.

“Actually Akram Uncle we cannot stay that long. We have a favour to ask.”

“What is it?”

“Do you have access to footage of Uncle’s house?” Zayer asked

“Well yes. They gave me access this morning before they left.”

“Oh great. Did you check it?”

“Not yet. I have been a bit pre occupied today. Why? Is everything Okay?”

“We are going to need to check on house. Like right now.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I..I can’t explain really.”

Akram nodded. Akram walked out of the house and gestured everyone to follow him. There was a small room outside. They walked in there. There were screens covering one side of the wall. They were turned off. Akram turned them on and everyone’s eyes glued on the screens. There she was. In a living room. Zayer’s Uncle and his family were sitting on two couches with three guards keeping an eye on them. Faria's parents were also there and in complete support of their daughter. He couldn’t find Samreen on the same screen. Roaming his eyes on all screens, he finally found her. She was in one corner tied to a chair. Her eyes were closed and seemed to be semi-conscious. Zayer clenched his fists so tightly that his knuckles turned white.

“Well there is no one else in any other room. It’s a good thing. We can get in from anywhere we want.” Amaan said as he looked at all the screens.

“yeah but how?” Haya frowned

“Zayer do you know any way?” Amaan asked

When Zayer didn’t answer, Amaan and Haya looked at him only to find Zayer piercing holes in the screen with his gaze. His eyes were still fixated on Samreen and all he could think was that it was his fault. It was his fault Samreen was in trouble. It was his fault because he couldn’t act a bit maturely and forgive and forget everything when he had time.

“Zayer she is gonna be okay” Haya consoled

He nodded in affirmative”Yeah. Yeah I am gonna make sure of that.” He said and looked at everyone else.

“Alright we are going to have to figure out a way to get in.” Zayer said

“Shouldn’t we be calling police?” Akram asked.

“No. Not yet. We can’t take risk.”

“So what do we do?” Haya asked

“Is there a backdoor?” Amaan asked.

“Yes but its locked from inside.”

“We can get in from any room” Haya said

“Yes but they were supposed to leave. They must have locked all the windows before leaving.”

“So we have no plan?” Haya frowned.

“Unless we just go through front door and rescue everyone after having a good fight.” Zayer said

“Don’t be crazy. She is not alone. She has got three huge guys with her. You look like a kid with malnutrition in front of them.” Haya replied.

“That’s not true. I can handle them. Right Amaan?” Zayer looked at Amaan for support.

“You do realize if I support you, that would be contradicting my wife’s statement and if they end up killing you, I am gonna have to listen to ‘I told you so’ for the rest of my life?”

Zayer blinked. And then he blinked again. And again.

“You are turning into her.” He finally said and pointed to Haya.

“Yeah well Sarcasm and sassiness are contagious.”

Haya smiled sheepishly at this answer.

“Fine then what are we going to do?” Zayer asked

After 15 minutes, Haya decided to sit on one of the chairs facing screens and Amaan and Zayer were still in deep thoughts. Akram stood there with blank expressions. He still wanted to call police. Finally, after long agonizing 25 minutes, Haya exclaimed.

“I have an idea!”

_______________________

Everyone had their doubts about this idea, but this was the best they got and time was slipping away way too fastly. They left the car outside Akram’s place and walked towards the house. Amaan nodded in assurance when they were right outside. Haya hugged him and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek before she left with Zayer and Amaan walked towards front door. Knocking on the door, he waited for it to open.

__________________